What would you ask for if...

crazymama30

My wish is like Lisa's, but I want to get into the nursing program this year. Would be nice. Or would be nice if husband got his disability approved, but I think that takes an act of congress not just an act of Santa. As for anything tangible, I don't know. There really is'nt anything I want, or that I can think of right now with my sleep deprived brain.

meowbunny

I'd love to ask for the luxuries and fun stuff but reality is going to win for me. I want my own home, just 2 bedrooms and a two-car garage would do. I want a car that isn't on its last legs. Anything that runs and can last at least two years would be wonderful. A golf cart would be nice, too. I've given up on the no pain request, but a little less pain would be nice. Oh, a medical plan so I can see the doctor and get some prescriptions -- the OTC stuff really doesn't do the job. Mostly, I want my business to pick up enough so that I can feel financially secure.

And the main thing I want is that you and all of my friends have at least one dream come true in 2009.

I

Ilovemyson

Ok, well, I got two of the things I wanted for Christmas today when I took two of my books back, and hopefully the other two come in by the time I am done Thursday.......The Twilight Series. I have the first two books and the other two are suppose to come in today but I can get them tomorrow. I can NOT read them until after Thursday when I get home. If I start now, I wont study!!!

The other things I want are really stuff I need but I guess that is where my practicalness comes in to play. 1. Clothes are the first thing I need. I lost two pant sizes and have one pair of jeans that actually fit, the rest fall off. I have dressy clothes that I will not wear around the house. 2. I want a bedroom set where everything matches with book shelves!! 3. I will be needing a new tv soon especially with the DTV switch. 4. I want to be able to give Beaner all that he needs, and some of the stuff he wants!! 5. A boyfriend.......LOL. There are so many things that I need for this place or for myself, that I could keep going......

Star*

call 911........call 911
My Christmas Wish -

I would wish that any kids who are on the street, homeless, cold, hungry, alone find a way to call their parents, make amends and go home.

I would wish that any adults who are on the street in the same situation find a way to boost their self esteem, get a job, and no longer be homeless or mentally ill.

I wish that our young men and women in active Duty would come home. The war to end and people to stop acting like idiots over borders and land that will NEVER be theirs even after they are gone. It's senseless.

I wish that parents who have lost children would be able to have that one last day with them and it would feel like it would last forever.

I wish that children in jail would have some magical meal and not be difficult child's anymore, return home and be decent young men and women.

I wish that all the children on this board would be the subject of a new method or medicine and have all their ills cured.

I wish that those who are in pain, hurting and scared would find their cure and not hurt or worry any more.

I wish that the genocide in Darfur was over and nothing like that would ever happen again. No more commercials asking for money to clothe, feed and educate children. Not because we didn't care but because we wouldn't ever need to.

I wish no other animal would ever suffer cruel treatment.

I wish we could just dang get along as a planet.

I wish more people would stand up for what is right, just and for their higher power. Mines there when I need him, wonder if I'm there for him?

I wish people would rediscover manners and kindness.

And for myself I wish that Daisy would get off Santa's lap. I think she's been there just about long enough!

I wish you all Peace.

totoro

Mom? What's a difficult child?
Well I could never top Stars* list of Wishes... So I would Ditto her Wishes and maybe it could give it more Power?

Otherwise maybe I could be sent to the corner with Raoul I mean Santa....

mrscatinthehat

Seussical
Funny I would like a lot of things but the one thing I wish I could have and have wished I could have for over 12 years is one more conversation with my dad. If I could have anything that would be it. A Very long conversation. But since I can't have that my house fixed, the kids "fixed" and the bills paid with a little left over would be second choice.

beth

KTMom91

I want the bathroom remodel finished. I want the kitchen remodel finished. I want Miss KT's room turned into a beautiful library for me. The house needs a new roof, and I would like new siding. I want the back yard cleaned up, with a deck/patio and a hot tub installed.

I want a brand new 2009 bright red Pontiac Solstice. And sparkly things are always good.

tiredmommy

I think that I wish I could know that I'm doing right by Duckie. Second guessing my parenting is the worst thing I do to myself. I'd also like to know when/if husband will be laid off. The suspense is killing me. :raspberry:

Andy

I want to change mine but ONLY if it will come true this moment and last through Sunday!

I want peace and quiet in my bubble of life.

I want difficult child to settle down tonight. We don't have an indoor place to let off steam and I can't stand the noise and activity of him running around tonight.

I want a computer that doesn't send my writings in to a deep black hole never to be brought back again. Do I need to hit save at each sentence typed?

I need (see "need" not "want") easy child to grow up and start making wise decisions. We have a blizzard coming with a promise of no travel advised. But she thinks that is just a suggestion and is bound to get to a concert 60 miles away tomorrow night!!! I am so sick of this idiotic stupid @##(*(* ideas of hers! I can't take it!

I absolutely NEED (in the strongest sense of the word) for the freeway to be closed early tomorrow before she gets a chance to leave home.

I want husband to stop making a big deal over the gifts under the tree - I swear, he is worse than the kids!

I NEED, NEED, NEED!!!!!

ps. What was I thinking when I told husband tonight that I didn't want anything for Christmas? Oh Well, He would not understand the above anyway!

Last edited:

DammitJanet

Hi guys...my answer to this question is much different now than it would have been prior to October twenty second. That day changed my life. I dont mean to be selfish or anything but if I could wish for anything from Santa it would be for my health. Having this Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI) is yucky for me. I am like a 4 year old. It takes me forever to type, I get so tired walking, I cant stand and thinking is a problem for me. Even puzzles are problems. I do little kids puzzles.

My wish is to be well again. To be 46 again and be able to walk and talk and think again. Is that too much to ask for?

klmno

That's definitely not selfish or too much to ask for! I think many of us are asking that for you, too. You never know, it might just be a process that you have to go through, but will get better. If it doesn't, it could still be worse. Although I can't say I know how you feel, I'm sure it's very hard- just know that you have many friends who are glad you are home and safe and here with us again!!