What would you say or do?

ruppertk

No matter what If he attacked you, if that's what I am reading up at the top, there is no apology other than I am sorry we are having this odd hurtful time But Don't you ever come at me again. Pretty much what would come out of my mouth. With that attitude I read there it is similar to my daughter, they don't know what apology is really, they may see it as weakness. The human brain doesn't fully develop or mature until around 26 anyway. be strong mom! Would you be hot damn mad if you witnessed him hurt or attack your mom? or an elderly person? Your value is not less, stay damn mad, its unacceptable. he will come around

BackintheSaddle

thanks, ruppertk, I hope so...I'm not sure how to ever accept that we never find reconciliation...just trying to focus on getting through today

ruppertk

When I was about this age I took off with my boyfriend and didn't speak to my mother for about two years. Two years in a young persons life is dramatic development changes. It struck me about a year and half ago, my daughter is changing big time and I have to change with it, So I stay still and watch and listen. The days of how I thought of her are mostly gone; Go clean your room please, Do the dishes please, take the dog out... All this was a guide and a teacher and it was a mothering way. This is a time that they let us know to butt out, their scared they don't understand why they cant have both an adult life and their child life and they want to prove they are grown and the pendulum starts swinging. In a way I am fortunate I have one still at home so I had someone to keep me busy, although I know what to expect when Its time for the great change and I will be working on creating more for my life so it doesn't hit me as hard.
I'll never forget the time in the middle of a mother daughter fiasco, I stopped and introduced myself- Hi my name is Kerry Ruppert, she said whats that mean duh!! I said I wanted to introduce myself to you because mom is just one of my titles. "I" am actually Kerry Ruppert I have thoughts and feelings and its nice to meet you. She started crying... It didn't last long, its very hard to get through right now as pendulum swings.
He will be back, the world will teach him who you really are.

SeekingStrength

Hi BITS,

I read on here every day, too - and re-read old posts because they help so much.

Last night husband and I were talking about how we COULD be in communication with gfg32 if we would just send him $100. I bet anything gfg32 would thank us and talk to us for a few days....until the next time we said no. This all basically began in December when we told him on a Sunday night that we would not Western Union $20.00 right then. He is 32yo and we are talking about $20.00! ($27 for us with the fees added on).

We are not communicating at all. That may last a very long time; heck, it may be forever.

But, do husband and i WANT that kind of relationship with gfg32? Absolutely not. We would love a decent, real relationship with him, but it will never come about if we keep caving in to him - giving him what he "deserves" (his words), playing by his rules, putting up with his verbal abuse.

Keep posting!