What's the best approach for this...and is this really a viable argument?

buddy

And his doctor sat there for 2 hours and said "You don't. You stop before he gets ****** off to begin with." They didn't get it then, either.
Holy cow same story different school. And for some reason they get so defensive with the whole proactive comment...I just stopped using the word. Their view of it is very different. Obviously WE are right! (if the world would just listen to all of us...right?) No kidding, they never get it that it has to be an APPROPRIATE measure. Not expecting them to just control themselves. If they could, they would. I honestly dont think even the most ODD kid wants to be in trouble as much as they are. Some just get used to it sad to say...so they just say I don't care, and the bleepity bleeps dont know the difference----they dont see that it is just a defense.

susiestar

Roll With It
Sending lots of hugs.

Shari, you have been working with them and trying to get them to do what is right with-o "making them angry" by forcing things. It is time to get some other help. Otherwise they are going to push Wee into situations with-o appropriate supports just so that they can get him out of their school and into the juvie justice system. I don't think this is a goal at the school level, I think it goes up to the district level. they are completely IGNORING his education - education that they knowingly refused to provide for him. I am sure a LOT of the people just want him to not be their problem anymore. Your thread about easy child 1's girlfriend made it really really clear that their are stories about him fueling this fire and it isn't going to change.

I did a google search for disability law advocate in MO and found this group - http://www.moadvocacy.org If you call them you might get help. Sue is right, this IS an ongoing case of denial of his right to FAPE n LRE.

Please don't wait. Call the school's lawyer tomorrow and let him know that you are out of patience. They can't remove his aide or change his IEP with-o a change in placement and if they try to either give him the 15 min increase with-o an aide and in the mainstream class or if they continue to deny him those 15 min increases because they can't get their act together then you are going to have to find someone to force them to educate Wee. The school atty KNOWS you could sue for a LOT of things and are trying not to, but htey have GOT to start providing what Wee needs or find a way to pay for a private school that addresses this - even if they have to create that school themselves.

If you wait, they will push this for more and more time. there has not been a SINGLE thing that they have done just because it is the right thing to do under the law and under ANY code of ethics or morality. They just want to push him into a real meltdown then have him arrested and sent to some facility where he isn't their problem.

If you won't/can't start a lawsuit, at least start calling the state BOE and pushing to have them do something to rectify this. The state BOE has people to help with this but it may take somoe time to find them.

Shari

IsItFridayYet?
I'm way past making them angry. I make them angry every time I call the attorney. I don't care anymore. The one I don't want to make angry is his sped teacher, because I believe she's in Wee's corner.
While I agree with you and Sue that they are denying FAPE, DOE tells me my options are limited without going through a lawsuit. Since enough time has passed, I can't get them for illegally changing his placement. Since its in his IEP, DOE can't do much as far as sticking them with denying him FAPE. I'd have to do it privately. And we're talking tens of thousands of dollars that I don't have. The two advocates I had came from that organization...
And while they are still idiots, he has a teacher right now that can handle him. Two years running. Proof positive that it can be done, and I WILL use that going forward. It disproves their stance that it couldn't be done, and the district is backing off of their stance that they have all the answers. While this present plan (mainstream with no aid) was stupid, they quickly conceeded that it was wrong and are not continuing to push that issue. I can't fault the principal for being optimistic - she doesn't have the history, and she backed off right away when I said no and why. We have a good IEP and BIP, and I'm getting these bumps resolved using their own attorney. Maybe I'm looking through rose-colored glasses, but I think we've made progress. I think they know I'm done screwing around. They know I have an attorney found, and they know I have a direct line contact with DOE, and even though I shouldn't have to call them out to get them to do what's right, they seem to be responding every time I do.
I think they are past trying to get rid of him. At least right now. The previous principal is the one who wanted him gone so bad, and she's gone now. The new one seems semi-level-headed. Not that they are happy about having him, but I think the attorney made them realize they are stuck with him, and I think its more of a resignation...they have him (and me), they have to deal with him.
I do take issue with the principal's lack of professionalism in speaking to me about this plan. One took place in a parking lot after a football game, and the other was at McDonald's with Wee... but I'll address that separately.