Whats the title? Your life in a book.

babybear

This was the first thing that popped into my head.

Scattered smothered and covered (and sometimes chunked)

For those that have never had the fine dining experience that is the Waffle House that would be hashbrowns with cheese and onions (and sometimes ham). It also pretty much sums up how I feel most days.

Steely

You guys are all so funny!

Mine is not so funny - oh well.
I actually have been working on a book, a memoir, that tells the story of my life, and the people in my life with mental illness, and the judgement and stigmas that have been placed on me and them because of it. Thus, the title, if I ever get it published will be
Scarlet Letters - or Our Scarlet Letters
The premise of the title being borrowed from the book Hawthorne wrote about Hester Pyrne and her life lived exiled by judgment.

I think now that my sister has passed away, it will pressing to finish this - especially since her depressesion and anxiety disorders seemed to play a pivotal part in her last 24 hours of choices.

happymomof2

I have often thought of writing a book about my life - lord knows there has been enough drama, romance and even a little violence thrown in from time to time. But really all I have to do is watch 2 or 3 movies on lifetime and think "well somebody has already thought of that"!

I had kept diaries for years from when I was 12 up until I turned probably 20. I use to write a lot. I finally tossed them due to not having room to keep them.

Trying to think of the exact title to a book about my life is hard.

Maybe:
"If I only knew then, what I know now"

totoro

Mom? What's a difficult child?
"I Dropped My B-u-t-t and Other Things I Get, My Life While Waiting for the Catbus:" Reality of living with a Family Blessed with Bipolar Disorder....

I actually want to write a book... but someone else would have to actually write it for me, due to my, ummm. Issues. My lack of ability to stay on TASK!!! Maybe I could hire the WORDSMITH... STar*, you could move out to Tucson, with the family, and we could just lie around taking care of the rescued burro's while I tell you all of the fun stuff and you jot it all down... DF and Dude could come as well... This would be after I got the deal, so it would all be on there dime!!!

'Chelle

I got what I asked for - plus an added bonus

In the worst times I question myself why I wanted/asked/prayed for kids. I guess I just had to wait until I could get that one that had that something extra special, for good or bad LOL.

Abbey

Spork Queen
These are all so great!!

You might not know, but Pico and I were writing a book together before she passed. (Gosh darn computers that crash...and me being stupid enough not to back up.)

Anyways, I think it is a REAL possibility to do a collective book with all your great suggestions and stories. What parent wouldn't want to read that? Parents in need will read ANYTHING. It's not a cure all, but just the comfort in knowing you're not alone and you have thousands of stories to pull from to make your life at least tolerable.

Literally...Tales From the CD Board.

Abbey

4sumrzn

Just had a friend tell me yesterday that I should write a book. I think mine would be titled the same as my name here:
For Some Reason, Just Haven't Figured It Out Yet

Enjoyed reading all of yours & I'm sure Tales From The CD Board would probably become a best seller!!!!!

mama2boys

"Banging your head against the wall only musses your hair and dents the wall"

Loved the titles - very creative group here.

Sue C

All your titles are so great! Abbey, you are right in that lots of people would read "Tales from the CD Board." I know I was so eager to read everything. I have 6 or so books on defiant children on my bookshelf, and I was just reading the titles to Melissa today....'cuz her friend is reading a book on the challenging child and her toddler is only 1-1/2!!

Anyway, the title that pops into my head is: Nothing Worked But I Kept on Trying

sue

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
I don't think I truely realized the creative minds we have here. But then again, we've had enough practice with our difficult children. lol

Let's see............ easy child has been bugging me to write a book for years. I just keep telling her I'm too close to the subject matter. :tongue:

Mine would be called :

Living in Chaos, A Survivors Guide

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
The Broken Child - Beyond the Tears

Normal has Always been a Setting on the Dryer

Healthy Reactions - Life Skills Parents Need for Raising "Challenging" Children.

Star*

call 911........call 911
Mine would be.....

Where Angels Fear to Tread

-Musings and life accomplishments of a true Warrior Mom

or
It Rains In My Heart
-Living and loving a child with multiple disorders

or

You're Not Alone in This Boat -
-A guide on asking friends to help you paddle

but I think if it were an autobiography -

Tough Is Not Born - It's Created
-The life and times of Star Born

Coookie

I guess mine would be:

"Forgive your mistakes, they can make you smarter.. " :)

or

"If I knew then, what I know now." :)

A lot of good book titles. :)

house of cards

Mine would be "Addicted To Stress", because I've continued to add more kids to my complicated life even though I know it brings more stress and chaos.