What's with no coats in winter?

trinityroyal

My brother used to go out to mess with his car in the dead of winter wearing a pair of boxers and running shoes and nothing else. He just didn't feel the cold.

My husband's "winter coat" is a thin cotton cardigan that his brother gave him for Christmas last year. The beautiful wool winter coat and the parka hang unused in the coat closet. He just doesn't ever get cold enough to wear them. Occasionally he will put on his boots (ankle high), but only if the snow on the ground is deeper than 5 inches or so. Baby Tyrannosaur is just like his dad. When I check on him in the night, I find that he's taken off his pyjamas and thrown off his blankets. He's lying there just in his diaper, happy as a lark. If I cover him back up with the bedclothes, he whimpers and fusses.

(I on the other hand, bundle up in layers and layers of warm woolies. Despite being born and raised in the Great White North, I am a tropical being and can't STAND the cold)

svengandhi

When difficult child was in elementary school, we finally got him to take a coat to school by telling him that CPS would take him away if he didn't; however, we couldn't make him wear it. We actually had it in his IEP that he could not be forced to put on a jacket to go outside but would be left inside if the weather was below 32.

Over the summer, he bought himself a very nice fleece-lined hoodie windbreaker with the name of the camp he works at on it. He wore it the other day (19 F degrees). I was thrilled until I realized he was wearing shorts. easy child tried to sneak out with a short sleeved shirt and no jacket. His response to me was "difficult child is covering his top, I have long pants so my bottom is covered." Finally got him to take a light jacket. We live 1/2 mile walk from the HS.

Little guy, on the other hand, is me. Lands end sweater with a fleecy hooded sweatshirt over it and then a winter coat.

Hi, just had to add my 2cents. GFG13 is the same -- a T-shirt only.

I'm knee-deep in so much other stuff right now that he could get on the bus wearing only a fig leaf and I'd be OK with it

Jo