What's wrong with your child becoming a Sociopath?

L

Liahona

Sorry, but I started laughing when I first read your post. Your sons have some problems, but, wow, I really don't think that is one of them. If anyone is telling you they are maybe get a 2nd opinion. If husband thinks they are he just needs some more info. Sounds like he really is clueless, and maybe its denial and he doesn't really want to know. Next time husband pulls that statement out reply "I like being able to sleep at night without worrying that difficult child isn't going to try to kill difficult child 2 in the night." husband clearly doesn't know what he is talking about.

At age 5 difficult child 1 was actively trying to murder his siblings. I believe, like in Star's case, that if we hadn't gotten some intense help difficult child 1 would be a sociopath/psychopath. He still might end up one, but I'm hopeful. One of the reasons difficult child 1's Autism Spectrum Disorders (ASD) diagnosis just doesn't fit well is that he can tell you what the other person is feeling when he does things.

doglover62

I've often wondered if one of my sons was a sociopath because of his complete lack of empathy for other people, including family members. He steals, lies, manipulates, and is very verbally abusive to anyone who comes across his path. He twists things around to try and place blame on others for his bad deeds. I'm his mother, so it is a constant source of pain for me to witness. I have drawn my line in the sand and don't play into his manipulative behaviors any longer, but I want to warn anyone he meets to keep their distance. He's been in therapy since age 5 with no improvement. He only seems to get worse. My heart aches for him, myself, my family, and anyone who comes in contact with him. I love him with all my heart but it has to be from a distance. He broke my arm when I wouldn't give him gas money. That was the final straw. I'm done being a victim.

Hmmm. Interestin
g.[/QUOTE]