What's your favorite/least favorite bumper sticker?

Calamity Jane

This is just silly, but I love the whole idea of bumper stickers. Not so much the run-of-the-mill magnets that extol your favorite team, or ones that show support for our troops or breast cancer ribbons. They're great, but I think it shows commitment and grit to actually permanently glue a phrase to your bumper that will remain for the life of the vehicle - kind of like a car tattoo. I have never been brave enough to do that.

Some are funny, some are mean spirited, some are wise, some make you just shake your head. One of my favorites and I think unintentionally funny ones in my case is, "My Boss is a Jewish Carpenter." I was riding behind a Plumbing van with an Irish name, like Murphy's Plumbing or something, and they had that bumper sticker. I couldn't figure out why an Irish plumber who clearly owned his own business would advertise that his boss was a Jewish carpenter!!! WTH?? And why bring up that the boss was Jewish? 12 years of Catholic school did nothing for me. I kept thinking, and thinking, and saying, Jewish carpenter...Jewish carpenter...then it hit me, and I cracked up.

That's my story. Do you have any favorites or least favorites?

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
I'm gonna say this, then run for the corner and cower in case husband sees it... I actually owned this one, long ago...

I believe in dragons, faeries, good men and other fantasy creatures.

*DUCKING*

I also have one from Buffett's Margaritaville - "We are the people our parents warned us about".

recoveringenabler

Staff member
I saw a funny one years ago on the back of a huge SUV driven by a woman who had just exited a court ordered divorce mediation and she was looking very ANGRY. The bumper sticker read, "All men are idiots and I married their king." I'm not saying I agree with that statement AT ALL, it was just seeing that angry woman and then see her get into that car with that bumper sticker which seemed so fitting for her state of mind.

donna723

I have one that says, "MY BOSTON TERRIER IS SMARTER THAN YOUR HONOR STUDENT"

I put it on my car when I was still working and I'd always try to park right next to one of those people who had the bumper stickers that said "Proud Parent of an Honor Student from .... ".

:bigsmile::bigsmile::bigsmile:

InsaneCdn

Step... you have an "out". "Good" is a pretty subjective word, but there's lots of men that don't qualify as "good" but are... generous, gallant, kind, or even... great. Not sure I'd want to be married to "goodie two shoes"...

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Sure, you can trust the Government. Ask any Indian.

That one is both funny AND makes a statement (or 3). It's my all time favorite, had it on my car............well until it literally wore off.

Saw another one stuck on the back of a somewhat banged up older model car "My wife drives the GOOD car" lol

DammitJanet

I saw one just the other day "I have one of the few good men"

Cory and I saw one yesterday and we both busted out laughing. "The most terrifying thought is when you realize your High School class is running the Country!"

HMBgal

"I wanna be Barbie. That b**** has everything." Most and least favorite, all rolled into one. Favorite because it's kind of true; least favorite because Barbie represents so many things that are just wrong.