When are they too old for Easter baskets?

Marguerite

I know I said the Easter Bunny doesn't visit our house any more, but that doesn't mean we don't hand out Easter eggs or bilbies. mother in law set the table last night with a cascade of Easter eggs and two Elegant rabbits (she's been sick - couldn't get to Darrel Lea's to get bilbies). easy child bought some Easter eggs last night for the houseful of teens, but gave husband & me a packet of Lindt chocolates each - lovely girl! And I have a Lindt bunny (OK, I was too busy to get to Darrel Lea's either, plus they don't do dark chocolate as well as Lindt) which I forgot to give to mother in law last night. I'm heading down to her place this morning to give it to her, and also to clean up the barbecue we left glowing last night.

An aside from difficult child 1, as we were coming home from church and hearing husband mention taking the Weber down to mother in law's to cook dinner - "If we painted that big round barbecue to look like a globe of the world, would that make it a World Wide Weber?"

Not bad.

Marg

dreamer

My mom continued to fill baskets for each of us until she passed away, but I am 27+ years older than my youngest sibling. Now what was IN our baskets changed with time....
My kids still get baskets, and even now they still want an easter egg hunt. LOL- they now hide the eggs for each other, I simply fill them...usually with quarters. (it adds up) and I fill a basket for my husband.
Ah but, I also make red heart shaped sugar cookies for Valentines Day, green shamrock shaped cookies for St Patricks Day and I decorate to the extreme for all holidays. I am a huge sucker for toys and gizmos etc........I love Oriental traders catalogues and dollar stores. ANd if you give me half a reason to celebrate something I will celebrate it big. I have always been that way. Yes we still set out cookies for santa and carrots and apples for reindeer........we still set out stockings for the whole family. and I love doing it maybe more than the kids love getting it, and they fill the same for me.

dreamer

Oh yeah, we did decide we all hate hard boiled eggs, and we do not like most of the Easter candy. LOL. I refill the same plastic eggs year after year and the same easter baskets and stockings year after year.