When it rains...

gcvmom

Here we go again!
MY ROOF LEAKS!!!

Now I know why I couldn't sleep tonight. Why God kept me downstairs when the storm hit a few hours ago. It's so that when I finally decided to go to bed just now, and turned out the lights in the dining room, then walked towards the sliding glass door in the livingroom I would step in a small puddle and after muttering some oath under my breath discover that the leak I thought was fixed back in August or September WASN'T!

I just left a nice message for the roofer and made sure he knows what time of day it is...

So I get to add a ceiling and roof repair to my list of things to take care of. Great. And I still need to buy a new water heater. I'm not even going to ask what's next because I KNOW BETTER.

Oh yeah. And my Internet is down again for the umpteenth time in the past week and a half. No doubt because of the rain. Stupid cable company. (Posting with my phone now).

Drip.
Drip.
Drip.
Drip.
Drip.
Drip.
Drip.

LittleDudesMom

Not sure what kind of roof you have, but some can be really tricky. We've been doing roofing, specializing in old home with slate, tin, tile, etc., for years. Most of the time, a seam, valley, where the roof meets and dormer, chimney or such, is the culprit.

Hopefully your roofer can find the issue quickly! The drip, drip would definately keep me up!

Sharon

Abbey

Spork Queen
Well, I could toss you my flooded basement and your house would look great!

(Sorry about your roof.)

Abbey

klmno

Well, if he was there to repair this this past Aug. or Sept., he should come and take of this for you at no additional charge. Did he guarantee his work? Here's hoping you have a dry Thanksgiving....

gcvmom

Here we go again!
klmno, he is the original roofer who did our addition in '08. When he came out this past summer, he did not charge me at all. So I don't expect him to charge this time either.

To make my stress level WORSE this morning, I got a phone call at 7:30am from a neighbor who had left to take her highschooler to school and discovered a roadblock for our neighborhood and police telling her they would not let her back up if she left!

I left to take my kids to school and husband stayed home, and it turns out they let me back in a few minutes ago. So thank goodness the roofer will be able to come up and I can get busy with my cleaning for tomorrow.

I also learned that if we'd had to evacuate overnight and went to a hotel, this type of event is NOT covered by my current insurance policy. So I guess I'll be evaluating my coverage with my agent next week.

I'm ready to crawl back under the covers and stay there until New Year's.