When Mama ain't happy...

flutterby

Fly away!
I just returned from a "mediation" between the school and juvenile court for difficult child's absences.

You know, I know she has missed a lot of school. But, I also know that until we rewrote her IEP 2 weeks ago that her IEP was so basic it was pathetic and they couldn't even follow that. Not one part of it.

And I let them know that. The AP was in and asked if I had addressed that with anyone. I told him yes and rattled off 4 names. He said, "Well, I'm not up to speed on any of this, and these people are all above my pay grade. You're certainly talking to the right people." To which I responded, "If you are telling me that you can't do anything about it, and it has been addressed with the right people and they haven't done anything about it, then I'm going to go home and start filing complaints. Cause I've had about enough. My daughter is ill. She is not grounded in reality. She is hearing voices and seeing things that aren't there. Yet, she is the one being held accountable when the school isn't doing what they are required to do by law. You know, Mom ain't happy."

And yes, I said it just like that. The AP responded, "It is certainly within your right to file complaints." To which I responded, "I know."

I know that difficult child has some accountability here, too. But, I'll be damned if she is going to take the fall when they aren't doing what they are legally required to do. I've. Had. Enough. Seriously.

Besides, she had a blanket letter from our GP stating that she has anxiety and panic disorder and may miss school because of it. They decided to not accept it anymore and not let me know until it threw her over the allowed number of unexcused absences. In fact, I just found out about it at the meeting today.

Tiapet

Old Hand
Don't you just love how they expect the kids to comply (and they have issues where it states that they can't for some reason) yet those in charge and don't have issues go against the law and don't comply and expect you to just be like "oh that's ok, thank you, yes I know my child did wrong and she needs to be punished so you do what you need to". NOT NOT NOT! going to happen with us as parents. Sometimes they think we really did fall off the turnip truck so that they can just run right over and turn us into mash. I think if we got paid for each time it has happened to each one of us on the board, we'd all be pretty rich by now as it has happened all too often and that's a shame. When are they going to learn? Probably not until we're able to hold THEM accountable each and every time they pull that bull.

You go flutter! Stand your ground and you file those complaints for each and every infraction they have done in my opinion. Maybe, just maybe then they will stand up and take notice of what should have been done a long time ago and your child will get what was needed all along instead of what they are trying to do.:mad:

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
Heather - today you are my hero. Don't let go, don't back down!!! I understand.

Jett's grades are slipping, mostly due to tests... Discovered he is NOT getting extra help like his IEP states... husband is going to his school this morning.

...He gets extra help in reading, so that applies to math for story problems, history/social studies... BUT NOT SCIENCE?

...He is supposed to be able to keyboard for writing assignments. If I see ONE MORE HANDWRITTEN ASSIGNMENT with notes from the teacher like, "work on legibility" I'm gonna scream.

I've also asked her via email to let us know - again via email - when there are issues, so we can help with them. She responds when I send an email, but never initiates. So then Jett has 12 missing assignments that we knew nothing about.

He'll be in middle school next year - the one Onyxx was almost expelled from - with the vice principal who had it out for husband years ago (he was a teacher then)... This is not good... They BETTER follow the IEP.