When men get sick....

susiestar

Roll With It
I have an old tv that doesn't work. You could take in to a field and set it on a tarp and shoot it. I have friends who SWEAR it is the BEST way to celebrate a divorce or irritation with a spouse/SO.

I am sorry this is touching all of you. I never wanted anyone to live in fear for long enough.

crazymama30

Star, I have found that if you are into target practice that if you fill empty milk jugs with water and then shoot them it is quite satisfying. Just a fyi. I believe it is legal too

busywend

Just treat him like the baby he is (cause all men are babies when they are sick - come on board fathers - do NOT try to deny it!).

I will never forget Dex pushing my hand away with a spoonful of sough syrup in my hand. It went everywhere. I could not believe how childish it was!

Tell him you need to get him some popsicles and go shopping! LOL!

Star*

call 911........call 911
Last night......OHhhhhh ohhhhhhh uggggg IIIIII uuuuuuhhhh

This morning.....ME???? I whaa???? Nooo. I DID NOT.

(and then there is that OVERWHELMING urge to throw the milk jug filled with water out the back door, while yelling pull, jerk up the Henry Golden Boy and say "of COURSE not dear.") :tongue: - reload..

Busy - the visual of the hand pushing away the cough syrup made me giggle.....omg......thanks I needed that - if for NO other reason just to KNOW I'm not alone.

BusynMember

:D So funny!

But there's another side to it. Many men, including mine, won't go to a doctor until he's on his death bed so that when he's sick he's REALLY sick. Then he hates being sick! Well, duh, see a doctor sometime, honey!

gcvmom

Here we go again!
Maybe Abbey can loan you her 357 magnum spork so you can give him a sporkful of medicine where it will do the most good... :laugh:

And God forbid we ever get sick! Not only will they forget how nicely we treated them, but they want to know what's for dinner!! Don't even get me started on this subject, pretend you're hard of hearing- play their game!

donna723

Oh, don't get ME started on that one either! Now that I've been divorce for quite a while, I finally have the freedom to actually get sick and wallow in it! When I was married I was never allowed to get sick, or even slow down for a while! He had this little trick ... every time I got sick (not very darned often either!) he managed to get 'sicker' than I was! Never failed! This excused him from performing any extra duties, even so much as passing me a Kleenex! I could be feeling absolutely awful, sick as a dog, and he would clutch his chest and roll his eyes like Fred Sanford feeling the 'big one' coming on, and say he was considering a trip to the ER because he just didn't feel right! I could be hiding out in the dark bedroom with the worse headache I'd ever had (actually HE was the worse headache I ever had) and he would stick his head in the door and ask when I was going to come out and cook dinner! The kids were hungry! Once, when I refused to come out, he opened up two cans of soup and heated them up for the kids. And from that day forward. whenever someone commented favorably on my cooking, he would state proudly, "Sometimes I cook too!", referring to those two (beeping) cans of soup! I have never wanted to strangle someone so much in my whole life!

See, I told you not to get me started! And how appropriate that one of my very favorite websites covered this very subject this morning! Check this out ... divorce cakes! They could probably come up with a "DF" version too. I love it!

http://cakewrecks.blogspot.com/

ThreeShadows

Quid me anxia?
I remember back when we were dating, soon to be H said to his mother "I think I'm going to throw up. Where do I do it?" She calmly replied "Well, I usually do it in the toilet.".

I can't believe I married him anyway...

KTMom91

Those cakes are wonderful! It's been a day with Hubby, so I'm imagining him with cake on his head...ahhhh...I feel better now...

N

Nomad

This thread is a riot!!! :D

Star..I missed it. What's going on with your man?

I was very fortunate, in that my mother in law's idea of a gourmet meal was several cans of various items. :tongue: So, this is how my husband cooks as well.

I REALLY do like to cook, but let's face it, I really didn't have to do much at all to win this fella over in that dept. ;)

by the way ladies, the first time I threw up in front of husband, he threw up on top of it. Gross, but true. Oy. Ugh. Sheesh. Not so hot in the caretaking dept. I knew right away there were "issues" there. Many, many years later...he is MUCH better about these things.

Anyway...seems this is nearly a universal dilemma....

But you ladies are HYSTERICAL and have the world's best sense of humor!!!

AWESOME!!!

donna723

P.S. If anybody checks out the Cakewrecks site, they add more each day. The divorce cakes were on Saturday, so if you look at the site today (Sunday) you'll have to scroll down to get to the divorce cakes. The 'wrecks' are posted Mon.-Sat. On Sundays she posts the really good cakes.

That site is an absolute riot! If you ever need a really good laugh, check it out. It will have you giggling for hours!

Abbey

Spork Queen
Donna...H is the same way. In the 19 years I've known him he's only gone to the doctor once. He had the camera thingy down the throat into the stomach with NO anesthesia. Doctor was reluctant and said if his heart rate went up, they'd put him under. That stubborn guy had this procedure done...watched his heart rate go up a bit and willingly brought it back down. He wants NO attention when he's sick. haha...the thought of me trying to give him cough syrup...

When he gets sick, I basically move out for the week.

Starbie - I have a really nice 12 gauge that would make mincemeat out of that milk jug.:tongue: You might feel pretty fine after that blow.

Abbey

mstang67chic

Going Green
So....they have little miniature clothes to toss off the cake with the groom doll....mini caskets for the ring.....wonder if they have a little washing machine to show landing on the guy doll laying sprawled at the bottom of the cake???