When the Well Runs Dry!

pasajes4

I am physically and financially drained. What do you do when all of your recources including your health are spent? All I want to do is hide under a rock. I can't stop crying and I can't get out of bed. Everyday it's something else with my difficult child. His legal fees keep piling up and his medical bills have all but buried me. I am hanging on by a thread to what little sanity I have and that is not much. Sorry just needed to vent.

BusynMember

For one thing, stop paying his legal fees. Make him face the consequences if he does something illegal. I have a mood disorder and it does NOT make one break the law. THAT is his decision. And if he drinks or also takes recreational drugs (I don't know if he does or doesn't) he is choosing to stop his prescribed medications from doing their best as well. Are you sure he is bipolar and not moody due to drug abuse? Is he compliant with his prescribed medication?

You are obviously around my age (my oldest is also 34). You deserve a great "rest of your life." Please let yourself enjoy it, in spite of your child. If you are not healthy, he will have NOBODY. Your health and happiness must come first.

I wish you the best and keep posting. We care :)

Wiped Out

Staff member
I'm so sorry you are feeling so down; I know that feeling well. I would suggest doing something nice for yourself. Even if it is just a bubble bath or a walk. You deserve to treat yourself. Sending gentle hugs and prayers your way.

S

Signorina

Pasajes - I don't have any answers. But I do know that the cliche "you have to put your own oxygen mask on FIRST" seems trite but is TRUE.

Find something that makes you happy, and do it. Set a timer to wallow and when the 5 or 30 minutes are up, get up and get going. Keep moving, one foot in front of the other and fake it til you make it. I know that I go into hermit mode when I am stressed and down and anxious and that being a hermit is the worst thing for the way I feel - even though solitude is what I CRAVE. So, get out and about. Go to the library, read a book in a quiet corner. But please don't hide. {{{hugs}}}

Last edited by a moderator:
L

Liahona

I got medication for depression and someone from the county mental health department came in once a week. Good luck. Please take care of yourself.

B

Bunny

You have to take care of yourself if you are going to be able to take care of difficult child. I agree with what Signorina said. Allow yourself to wallow in your feelings, but them get up and do something that makes you happy. Be it taking a long walk, reading a book, taking up a hobby that has been put aside. DO IT, so that it takes your mind off of what is going on around you.

My only other suggestion is that you see if social services is able to help you with medical bills.

Good luck, and let his know how you are doing.