• 56 to 65

Votes: 2 6.7%
  • 65 and over

Votes: 1 3.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
I chose 29-37 as the best age for me so far. However, that doesn't exactly exclude the last ten years completely. I've had a lot of personal growth within the last 5 years in particular that has been extremely fulfilling.

Between the ages of 29-37, I was radically changing my life. I left my exh, braved it alone with two tiny girls in tow, moved out of state on my own, started a full time career (first one since having babies) and did it on my own. Current H followed me to my new home a year later, we fell even more deeply in love, he slipped nicely into the role of dad and it was a very happy, fun, fulfilling time in every possible way. Well, untiil things with difficult child came to a head,,,then it was he// for a while, but those days are behind us for the most part.

From what I hear, this next chapter of our lives should be very interesting with lots of personal growth and physical changes that will be a blessing (menopause for me!) and some not (arthritis, ugh), with a newfound sense of freedom of the responsibility of having children about. I am looking forward to it!

N

Nomad

I was just thinking about this the other day. I think when my son was a toddler and my daughter was an infant was a very happy time. Ages 29-37 was also a very good time.
Now (although not about a month ago...plenty of health concerns around that time ) is a pretty good time!

Kathy813

Staff member
I would pick the 29 - 37 years. husband and I were just married, bought our first house and then moved up to our dream house. The girls were infant to elementary school age during those years and difficult child was still a easy child. husband had a great job, I was teaching, and our parents were all alive and well.

Yup, looking back, those were my happiest years.

~Kathy

Shari

IsItFridayYet?
Can't figure out how to vote but I go with late 20's early 30's. Specifically the last couple years I was marries to dex (because I was done with the marriage and knew it) and my single years after he left.

DammitJanet

Well looking back and reading your answers I thought things over. I would have to say that my happiest years were from age 26 to 37. That isnt exactly on the scale though. That was from when Cory was 4 till he was 11. It was also the years that all my kids played sports and those were wonderful years for me. I loved having my kids in organized sports and being a team mom and all that jazz. I loved going to all the games and cheering them on. Sometimes I was rushing from one game to another back to back on days. It was a madhouse. I felt inside that I wasnt a good mom but still loved what I was doing.

lovemysons

Ya know it's funny...husband and I had our own business, moved to our dream home in the mountains of Colorado, had 3 beautiful children etc, 12 yrs ago...when we were around 34/35 yrs old. You would think that would have amounted to our "happiest times" but honestly...it's since my difficult child's drug days/rehab, my mental instability etc that I found so much help in Al Anon and medicine.
So, I would have to say I am another who is mostly happiest in the "now" that I have instead of back when...when others looking at our lives might have thought we had reached the top.
Oh, and Grandbabies...make life ever so sweet too!!!
LMS