When you think things are going better then **** hits the fan

Critter Lover

difficult child tried to strangle his wheelchair roommate with his belt twice last night then difficult child attack the support staff with his belt. He is now been taken to a Mental/Behavioral Hospital and when he gets out he has to go in to a behavioral group home.

Also I found out last night from my doctor that I have Hashimotos thyroiditis. http://www.medicinenet.com/hashimotos_thyroiditis/article.htm

Wow....the fun never ends (sarcastic tone) :wince:

Last edited by a moderator:

klmno

wooooo----- that is not good. I'm sorry all this has happened. Can they treat your thyroid condition? What does difficult child say about this incident?

Critter Lover

Did not talk to difficult child since he broke his phone again and I just talked to support staff manager and he was on his way out to take difficult child to hospital. I am sure something happen to escalate his reactions in this situation.

I am already taking Levothyroxine and will have to be monitored every three months until I level out. As my antibodies kill my thyroid I will have to be increased on my Levothyroxine.

TerryJ2

Ohhhhhhhhhhhh, I am so sorry, on both counts! When it rains, it pours!!!

It sounds like you've got the Hashimoto's under as much control as can be expected. So sad. Life is just not fair.

Gosh, I hope they figure out your difficult child's trigger. That's dangerous. Sigh.

B

bran155

I am so sorry. When it rains it poors!!!

Keeping you in my prayers.

(((HUGS)))

gcvmom

Here we go again!
Sorry to hear about your health issues -- as if you don't have enough going on! I wonder if they could treat it using some of the medications used for other autoimmune diseases? For example, difficult child 1 has Crohn's, which is an autoimmune disease of the GI tract. He has acheived remission by taking an immune suppressant which stops his body from the inflammatory assault on his intestines. I know some of the same drugs used in Lupus and RA are also used in Crohn's. Perhaps there is something similar for Hashimoto's. So much is being discovered about these illnesses and researchers are finding that there are similar genetic problems going on.

Hope the psychiatric hospital can stabilize difficult child and figure out what triggered this outburst so that can be addressed as well.