When your kids do everything right but do not socialize is it still a big issue?

A dad

Since he was 14 I can count on my hands the times he complained to me. I can not find a thing about what he feels trough conversations. There people in pain that just keep it for them only but the thing is how do you know if they do that?

Lil

Dad...I think that if he were truly in pain, you would know it. Keep in touch regularly. Let him know you are there if he needs you and you love him.

Until you see anything that is alarming, try to relax. I would personally consider it a blessing if my son wanted to just go to work and home and not "socialize" given the quality of his friends.

It sounds like your son has always been a quiet, introverted kid. Am I wrong about that?

A dad

Always is a lot said he was like that when he entered his teenage years before that he was quite social and played a lot of football the European one he still had few close friends but as I said he played a lot of football every day. That was his hobby his only one until he discovered computers.

Lil

He might be doing a lot of socializing on the internet. That's kind of the way of things these days.

I really think he sounds fine and you're more concerned than necessary.

InsaneCdn

One-track-mind. Exclusive interest. That is one of the red flags for people on or near the Autism Spectrum. If they are really high functioning, they actually survive the work world, but don't choose to have a large social circle. If you don't share the current interest, then really nothing to talk about.

Confused

Ill chime in because my daughter is like this and my son is the complete opposite. I do agree it could be many things or it could be nothing. The most important thing is that your son is not depressed and is fine with his lack of social life as others mentioned. Theres not much you can do otherwise Im learning, but to be supportive, keep offering social activities with the family at least, be patient, and try to learn about what he likes. Everything is the same that the others mentioned already, its hard to see our kids like this, but things might be just fine. I will always want more for my kids too, and for them, they may feel they do have all they want or need. I just wanted to let you know I understand.