WHERE are these cats coming from?

mstang67chic

Going Green
Remember the black/grey cat who decided to move into my enclosed front porch? Uh huh....she's snuggled up next to husband on our bed right now. :slap:

HOWEVER, I've been putting her back out on the porch at night so she doesn't rip the faces off the dogs or our cat. Tonight though......I don't know what I'm going to do. difficult child was outside and found a half starved, shivering kitten. SHE'S now on the front porch. Orange, purs like a motor boat, probably about 3 months old and very skinny.

Seriously folks....we can't keep both of them. I can't. I still haven't had the money to get Chester fixed so two more cats are out of the question.

Any takers?

GoingNorth

Crazy Cat Lady
Congratulations! You have now got a LARGE sign (in scent) on your forehead that spells out S.U.C.K.E.R.

I rescue a few of them every year. I work with a couple of people who foster these guys until they get them back on their paws and then find them new homes.

For Chester. Check with your local humane society and vets. Most areas nowadays have special spay/neuter clinics that do the surgery for a very low fee. I know it only cost 35 dollars to get Jake fixed

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Are you feeding them?

LOL Yep.....that'll do it for sure!

If you are going to keep the skinny baby on the porch you are going to have to provide her with a way to keep warm. She doesn't have the body fat to stand the cold weather.

I thought you knew.......... If you feed 1 stray, they go tell all their friends about the nice lady who provides supper. :D At least that is how it seems to work around here. lol But I can't just let them starve either, so what can you do?

witzend

If you're leaving food out for stray cats, I guarantee you they aren't the only animals eating it. And the cats have no reason to chase the others away because they're getting plenty, thank you very much.

KTMom91

Skunks like cat food...

Call your local shelter to get Chester snipped. I took the panther boys in, and they were only $35 each.

Are you trying to top my record of seven cats?

gcvmom

Here we go again!
And yes they will tell alllll their kitty aunts, uncles, cousins, second cousins, third cousins twice removed, friends, and enemies about your free buffet... :)

husband used to feed the feral cats in our old neighborhood. It started out with two or three and morphed into about 20. Our neighbors were none too happy about it. And when I got ringworm from HIM after he apparently got it from one of THEM, I really had to tell him enough was enough, even though he had caught one of the dominant females and had her fixed, took in her two litters of kitties and found homes for all but two, which we kept. Could've turned into a full-time job for him! :p

flutterby

Fly away!
Check with your shelter and other local rescue organizations about fostering. They may be able to set you up as a foster, then you would get food, vet care, etc paid for by the organization.

totoro

Mom? What's a difficult child?
Stang',
You need to stop growing the cat nip, quit leaving out the huge bowls of cat food, bring in the multiple kitteh condos and all of the little kitty toys ALL over yer' yard... this might help with all of the strays????
Oh and then just say no.
I know it is so hard!

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
Starbie - I have 3 purrballs - guess I'm runnin' one too.

In fact that's the joke going through the ranks right now... Bubbles is top dog in the cat house.

And yeah, Stang, I so understand. Dad found this little black kitten meowing at the garage in February several years back. After a ton of calls to the neighbors (I helped with the reverse lookup & calling), a notice posted at the local grocery store, and at the vet's... And my demand not to name her Blackie... Or Shadow... They named her Cinders and the only person besides my parents that she likes is husband.

A couple of years ago we kitty-sat my niece's 2 gray-and-white furries. It turned into trying to find them homes at Thanksgiving... And now we have Squirrel.

I'm a pushover for babies that need help...

SRL

Be warned: the next cat that shows up at your door will probably have been dropped off by Terry. ;-)

bby31288

Ah yes. I would be the same way. My girls also. We had one cat, then 2 of my daughters went to cheer practice and came home with kitten brothers that were so small we had to bottle feed them for 3 weeks~ Youngest had me stop the car urgently in the middle of a busy road to move a turtle. Everytime they see a cat run across the street, or meow from under a bush they try to persuade it to come over! Their newest obsession is going to the ASPCA to see if there are any good dogs that need a home!!!! I already have 2 dogs and 3 cats! I told them no more!