Where do I search for drugs and other contraband?

Discussion in 'Substance Abuse Archives' started by -, Jan 13, 2001.

1. Guest

Me again,

I was told yesterday by Skeeters case manager that she has told him, she has a stash of drugs in my house. He told me he could not say anymore due to confidentiality. But he would be scared if he were me.

We have torn up her room. Looked in all the obvious places and came up pretty much empty handed.

Today we will search the linnen closet. That is going to be a job. It is a mess. Well at least it could use a good cleaning.

I guess our next step is looking at the basement. Boy, I tell you all this will be a JOB! It is a mess down there.

Please let me know if you all have any ideas.
    This is just not a question I can go around asking just anyone.

Thanks bunches,
  2. Nancy

Nancy Well-Known Member Staff Member

Try the cold air return in her bedroom or bath.

3. Guest

in the air vents
    behind and under drawers
    inside a lamp base
    just inside the attic entrance
    in a flower pot
    inside a pillow
    under a dresser or nightstand
    underwear drawer
    inside box of feminine products
    inside shoes
    old jacket pockets/lining
    in the rafters
    on top of support beams
    inside an old coffee can

WOW, this list can go on forever. Let me know if you've exhausted this one and I'll keep plugging away on ideas.
  4. Guest

Managed to find a lovely stash in between the mattress. It's amazing how when these behaviours take over your life, the way things start to pile up. LOL [​IMG]

me 41, nurse
    SO wonderful support
    easy child 21 new mom
    difficult child 14 ballerina
    easy child son 11 hockey player
    easy child daughter 8 ballerina
    Thunder, lab 14 yrs senile
    Marley, lab 7 years the diagnosis is still out on him
  5. addie

addie New Member

Trying to remember my favourite hiding places ... in my case it was Lady Chatterley's Lover (does that date me or what??) It was between the mattress and the box spring.
    I know you will get lots of help on here from others, to both your posts, but have you also posted on Struggling Teens? Might be an idea to tap that source of resources too.
    Might be an idea to check any outside places - shed, garage, or if none of those, some nearby structure/planks/stones.
    Underneath potted plants, in the pot?
    Toilet cistern?
    Good hunting ... hope you find them, or perhaps she will get to a point where she wants to tell you, since she has checked herself in. When you see her, maybe she will tell.

Adoptive/therapeutic foster mom, supportive husband
    3 adoptees: 14 yo m, easy child, intermittent ADD, Ritalin as required; 12 yo f difficult child, ODD, MID, sp.ed.,Risperidal & Dexadrine; 10 yo f difficult child-wanna-be with opp.def.beh; Adopted at 4, 4 and 2.
    1 foster: 13 yo f, ADD, MID, sp.ed, Dexadrine.
    3 teen boys who call this 'home' when they need one.
    3 dogs, 4 cats, all help with therapy.
    "Tomorrow is another day."
  6. paula

paula New Member

call the Drug enforcement team over at your local PD and ask if you can schedule one of their dogs to come out for a sniff.

If they can't do this they may still be able to give you some suggestions on where to look.

7. Marcie Mac

Marcie Mac Just Plain Ole Tired

Having had to stand by while the police did this in my sons room (thank goodness they didn't find anything - i have regular room search rules anyway) take out the drawers to the bureau and look in each empty drawer and underneath - was told they tape the stuff to the tops of things.

Look in the clothes which have pockets, any purses, under the matress..

Thats all I can come up with

Me - 50 definately stressed-now joined the ranks of the medicated 20 Mg Paxil)
    SO Sydney-disabled & still doesn't understand clockwork of difficult child but is at least making an attempt
    difficult child Danny -16 Years has severe ADHD, ODD, Possible CD& depression. Currently on Dexadrine & Wellbutrin-Currently in camp
    easy child Jamie 18, diagnosed with ADD but wants nothing to do with labels, diagnosis, medications or his difficult child brother
    easy child Brandie 30,finally ending her marriage from a major difficult child, one grandson Nathan.
    STBX Martin - takes being an English excentric to new levels -hasen't got a clue

Sometimes the only difference between our house and the titanic is that they had an orchestra....
  8. Guest

Look under the bottom of the box springs. they cut holes in the bottom of them and throw the drugs up into the corners of the box springs. Taped under stuff. Look up over the tops of cabinets-in bathrooms and kitchen- and tall furniture. In the very backs of closets that no one ever gets into.
    In the garage-inside stuff-behind the refridgerator and other big appliances.

*Please add in my humble opinion to this message-this is my humble opinion
    *I'm as much an expert and an authority as you are
    *difficult child-M-11-ADHD/ODD
    *Don't ask your kids to do things you can't.
    *Teach your kids to do things-like think.
  9. Guest

Inside a piggy bank
    Inside the computer case
    taped to the underside of a bathroom sink
    where does she seem to spend a lot of time?
    top of the fan blades to a ceiling fan
    battery box for a walkman
    anyplace there is an inch of space!!
  10. kris

kris New Member

suitcases that don't get used often
    behind headboard
    behind dressers or hutches
    boxes of anything, empty or not

calling in the dogs might not be a bad idea. she's in rehab so they shouldn't bother her. good luck. ~~~~~~kris

me-48 at home mom with diabetes, retinopathy, severe peripheral neuropathy, early stage diabetic kidney disease, hypertension
    husband - active alcoholic and difficult child himself
    difficult child - depression (zoloft 25mgs), in ED class this year. starting mainstreamed into gifted science second marking period, mainstreaming into gifted math and honors english in new year, so much better i hardly recognize him
    easy child - 11 my beautiful ballerina tried gifted program and hated it, back in advanced placement and much happier!
    currently residing in the Orlando area and loving it!!

watch out for the light at the end of the tunnel, it's probably an oncoming train!!!

sometimes you're the pigeon and sometimes you're the statue!
  11. ALogan3

ALogan3 New Member

Did you find it?

In the car spare tire.....

in the freezer..
  12. Guest

In the hem of drapes

In speakers

Cleaning products-empty containers

Inside toilet tanks

Behind base boards

Behind the dividers in a filing cabinet

Inside curtain rods

In chandeliers

Taped under the housing of the tv

Inside doors (especially if they kicked holes in them)

Inside electrical wall plate covers

I think we have about exhausted it!

Ila - 40 never-mind, Faith, hope, love, these three things abide. The greatest of these is love
    Giuseppe -husband - 51, hot headed, short fused Italian married to me for 28+ yrs.
    Dominic - son 26 yo Hyper/easy child pride & joy, techie type person- good son /importthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif
    Melissa Joy - difficult child 18,ADHD, ODD, CD, SAD,on 40mgs Paxil, Registerd in Youth Worker Program /importthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif
    Dominique, (M's baby)3 yo Grandma's Precious Blessing from God!
    Val - easy child(?) - sometimes cleverly disguised as difficult child, but she keeps trying! /importthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif
    The sweetest fragrance is released when the flower petals are crushed.
    God is good all the time.