Where do your BOARD NAMES come from, if it doesn't disclose anything, just curious

buddy

Some of you guys have such interesting board sign in names. I am not asking for anyone to reveal anything that would give away privacy, just wondering where some of the names come from. Some of you I can guess! Mine is so not creative and I just was so excited to have found this board, I just wanted to sign in so used my dog's name. I love chaosuncontained, Damnit(sp?) Janet---(that reminds me of kids who think their names are no!no!) and many others....

InsaneCdn

Mine was easy... cdn of course = Canadian, and insane... is what I get called ALL the time - by doctors, by teachers, by whoever else including extended family. as in: "You're insane. There is no possible way that difficult child can need that much sleep (or fill in the blank for any other need)."

DDD

Everyone assumes my name relates to my chest but, in fact, it comes from my college sorority. Thank heavens I am not a DDD size, lol. DDD

buddy

Everyone assumes my name relates to my chest but, in fact, it comes from my college sorority. Thank heavens I am not a DDD size, lol. DDD

I NEVER thought of that! ROFL!!!! Yeah, you dont want that, I am large chested and the back pain stinks!

DS3

DS3 stands for DoubleStar3 which is the username I usually register with (or some version of it). I picked the name waaaay back when (I've had it like 12 years now). It is unusual and I can register it easily enough. Comes from when I was big into native american history. I ended up having this dream of being painted with a star over each eye (double star), and the three, well... DoubleStar, DoubleStar1, and DoubleStar2 were all taken when I tried to register. Therefore I have ended up with DoubleStar3. It's been mine ever since.

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
StepTo2... So boring... I am stepmom to 2 kids.

Janet's is from the Rocky Horror Picture Show if I'm not mistaken!

trinityroyal

My board name is a combination:

Part 1 - Trinity -- after the character in The Matrix movies.
Part 2 - Royal -- a suffix sometimes applied to battle ships in the British Royal Navy.

When I first joined the board I was in full-on difficult child crisis mode, and was in a Battle Royal, so I felt that naming myself after a battleship was appropriate. And if I was going to be a warrior mom, I wanted to be cool-looking and have mad skillz while I did so.

My avatar, Betty from Archie comics, came later. I wanted to remind myself that under the Warrior Mom armour, there lies a gentle soul who likes to bake and is kind to small children and large bunnies.

Trinity

Shari

IsItFridayYet?
I just liked the name. It is not my name in real life.

My avatar is very real, tho. My shoes don't go with my pants? Really? I dont give a _______

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
I am a romantic at heart. I used to be JoG, but snoopers on my home computer made me change my name. My password is the name I'd really love to have but my whole family knows that one!

muttmeister

I've used this name for years on most computer related things. It comes from the fact that I love my dogs and would like to think I am their master (though they would argue at that) and most of my dogs have been mutts rather than the fancy kind.

DammitJanet

Step2 got my name right! LOL. I have been several names on here. Not accounts but names. Several forms of this website over the years let us change our names at times. I was once jscl117 which was simply my initials and birthday. That was the first one I signed up with. I wasnt very original or creative. LOL. Then I went to DJ, then to Corysmom the back to DJ.

Marcie Mac

Just Plain Ole Tired
After living in the suburbs and attending various soccer games, baseball games, hockey found that every other kid had the name of Danny - although MY Danny always stood out :) the coaches were a bit frustrated when they called Danny, and everyone stopped to see which one. It was usually mine they were calling, so he ended up being named Danny Mac (part of our last name). Since I had to lay claim to this child, I became Marcie Mac

Jody

I like the name Jody. Don't know why. To me it sounds young and cute and carefree. Something as a parent of a difficult child you don't get to feel often if at all. It's also simple and easy for me to remember, something else stress has caused to be a problem for me. Need simple.

skeeter

My "real" name is Missy, short for Melissa. Once worked with someone who gave nicknames to everyone. He started working through words that started with "mis" for me - mistake, misquote, and somehow got to mosquito that then got shortened to "Skeeter".
Since I first signed up here for issues with one of my stepdaughters, I wanted to make sure I had something that was in no way traceable. Since the kids are all grown now, that's not such an problem.
The avatar? It was similar to one I have on several other boards.