Where do your BOARD NAMES come from, if it doesn't disclose anything, just curious

donna723

Mine is just my first name and my post office box number ... real creative, huh!

My avatar is Katy, one of my fur kids, who is sitting right next to me watching me type. And no, I do NOT feed her chocolate - it was photoshopped.

Steely

Matt named our second dog Steele, to go with the first dog Diesel. (LOL)
A couple of months after we got Steele my sister died, and by then I had started calling Steele 'Steely'. When H died, the word Steely took on SO much meaning for me. It was me - all I could do - be a wall of Steel. Be steely in all interactions. Before that I had another screen name, but because of all the press surrounding H. I had to change my name in order to not further compromise my anonymity.
So there you go - Steely has stuck - and now I kinda feel like that explains my interior soul.

H

HaoZi

I've had a fascination with pen names since I was a young difficult child myself. I also love that there are different names for pen names (some of which I've used on other sites). When I was roaming pen names stuff on wiki, I ran across this page: Chinese style name - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
And that is the really boring story of how I named myself HaoZi.

L

Liahona

Mine is something that will make X explode should he ever find me on this site. It's a security measure. If he finds me here I'll know about it with in a day.

Wiped Out

Staff member
I guess mine is fairly easy to figure out. When I joined the board I was up most nights with my difficult child who never slept. He still wears me out and I'm still wiped out!

KTMom91

I'm Miss KT's mom, and she was born in 1991. Kind of boring, I know, but if I used my usual screen name, I would be much too recognizable.

DammitJanet

Steely...I actually remember your original name, which just goes to show that I actually do have a memory even though they say I dont!

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
TMom, my original name was for Travis' Mom. Yeah......boring.

Then when some kids got snoopy it became Daisylover. That one speaks for itself.

Then when kids got snoopy again it became Hound dog. I'm a basset lover, hence Hound dog.

After that I told the kids if they got snoopy it was their own tough luck, I wasn't changing my name again. LOL

flutterby

Fly away!
Because so many days I just want to fly away - if I just run away the kids will find me. I found my avatar by doing an avatar search.

My name used to be something else, but it was too identifying and I was fighting the schools.

DammitJanet

What really shocks me is how I can remember all of the former names even when those of you who didnt post what they were. I have realized that I know much more about this board and the members lives than the average person who visits this site.

Mattsmom277

Mine is pretty obvious. I once changed email addy's and lost my login info so I registered the same name but added a 7. The 27 was my age when I joined, when Matt was so difficult I was losing it. I turn 37 in just over a month. How time flies!

Malika

Malika is Arabic for "queen". My ex-husband used to call me it, and sometimes his family too. When I adopted J, I had to convert to Islam (although "convert" is rather misleading a word as all that is involved is repeating a simple phrase in Arabic...) and you have to choose an Islamic name. I chose Malika. So it is in a sense my "real" name.

Star*

call 911........call 911
I can't remember. LOL.

I can't remember my former names either......

I don't WANT to remember my former married name.....I think it was something like mud or Mrs. Satan

Somedays I'm lucky I remember my REAL name (looks at drivers license) Ohhhh phew/whew .....okay I'm good.

Dratted difficult child......first my temper, then my hair.... my mind......and now I've lost the reason for my board name.

buddy

I can't remember. LOL.

I can't remember my former names either......

I don't WANT to remember my former married name.....I think it was something like mud or Mrs. Satan

Somedays I'm lucky I remember my REAL name (looks at drivers license) Ohhhh phew/whew .....okay I'm good.

Dratted difficult child......first my temper, then my hair.... my mind......and now I've lost the reason for my board name.

That is sooooo funny. I just wrote my update on difficult child and was crying here in public and now I am laughing! Maybe I am becoming bi-polar????? that was a rapid cycle for sure....tee hee

DammitJanet

step...I dont think I said it quite the way I meant what I wrote. I meant I remembered more of what people post here and so many of the past members when I actually get to thinking. I think I have really poor memory now but when it comes to this board, I am sharp as a tack. Maybe its because you guys mean so much to me. Who knows. Maybe its because this board is like family and you simply dont forget your family info even if you have 300 intimate members...lol.

I'm up all night many nights. Last night I was up waiting for easy child to come home, he turned his phone off, I called the place where he was at 1:30 am, I was worrying as usual, it's fine he stayed out but I can't sleep until everyone's home. He finally came at 3am.The night before I was up way to late worrying about my laundry. When difficult child lived her, I rarely slept at night.