Where is everybody???

Hopeless

....Hopeful Now
I am still here reading about eveyone. I had spinal surgery 5 weeks ago and have not been able to get around much.

My difficult child passed all of her college courses this first quarter (very proud of her). Her and boyfriend are moving this week into a double (renting). Her boyfriend is still working for the same company (which is good) and just got a raise (they needed it).

We are just waiting for the baby to arrive. difficult child is a nervous wreck about "what if" issues about the delivery. I have tried to calm her down as best I can. I am a nervous wreck in my mind on how the two of them are going to handle a baby (they are so young).

easy child is being a typical summer teenager (computer, phone, pool, sleeping in). I wanted to take her to New York city this summer (she so wants to go), but with having surgery bills, it is going to have to wait until next summer. I hated disappointing her.

husband is being normal too. Working, doing some major yard work (I supervise), and fishing.

CrazyinVA

Staff member
I'm finally getting to this thread. I'm doing fairly well ... Oldest has been working semi-steadily and hasn't fallen apart (yet), Youngest never did file ANYTHING with the court but made it through another visitation weekend without too much drama (at least, wthout involving ME in it), and *I* had two, count 'em two, dates yesterday (lunch with one guy, after-dinner ice cream with another). Both nice guys, even if both mostly "friend" material.

Best of all, I leave for the beach in THREE DAYS.

trinityroyal

Star, travels are fun but there's a lot to be said for sitting on a lounge chair in your own front yard. Enjoy!

Fran, sounds like chores and nursing dutes are keeping you pretty busy. I hear ya about the dog hair!

Trinity, your days sound exhausting. How long will you be working 2 jobs? Good news that husband is with you and the kids are doing so well!

Suz

Star, I must confess I am envious of you and your lounge chair.

Suz, I've been working 2 jobs since husband's last contract ended in December and he hasn't been able to find a new one despite diligently looking for new work every day. I am lucky that the organization I work with had lots of activity in my field so I was able to pick up another job with the same boss in the same department.

What it does mean, though, is a LOT of overtime. Great for keeping the family's financial head above water (barely), but not so good for health, rest, or family time.

Oh well...it could be worse. I could also have to be doing the driving (Thank you husband!)

Trinity

chrisdog01

I've been lurking for quite a while and haven't really posted or replied much. So I thought I'd respond to this with a brief "where am I".

husband, easy child daughter, and I are leaving in 2 weeks for a cruise on the Mexican Riveria (Disney Cruiseline). We've had this trip booked for 1 1/2 years and I am soooo excited. difficult child was supposed to go, but I decided to cancel his ticket because I didn't want to spend my hard-earned money on a "reward" for him when he doesn't deserve it (and Disney's cruises are not cheap).

easy child daughter is doing well. She starts highschool in the fall and is going to church with a close friend and has joined their highschool youth group activities. I am very proud of her (I just wish she'd clean her room, there isn't any square inch of space anywhere in there).

difficult child is still a pain in the butt. He still doesn't have a job yet, he said they are hard to come by (but he isn't actually trying). He has been hanging out with some friends who are very young, have a baby, and are on welfare (with no desire to get a job). They are a great role model for him, don't you think? He spends most of his nights at their apartment, and we are just fine with that because I prefer when he's not home.

Other than all that, we've been working and driving easy child around to all her activities and practices. I take the dogs to the dog park every Sunday for a boston terrier meetup (quite fun).

I really should check in more often, but I've been spending time on other messages boards with a happier top (no offense) - Disney vacation board (whoo hoo!!!) and boston terrier board (cute doggie stories & pictures).

(Boy, that was long for a quick "where I've been", huh?)

peg2

I've been trying to get through the hot,sticky weather,working and keeping my fingers crossed...............difficult child turned 18 in May. I've been keeping quiet, hoping he will learn things on his own and finally want to work and earn money. Enjoying not having the police at my house, but it may be just a matter of time?
Trying to enjoy some extra money we have, going out to dinner with my husband(step-dad)to try some new places. Hoping my difficult child and 20 yr.old sort of difficult child(social anxiety) will get it together, but with an 18 year old BiPolar (BP) and no medications, its unlikely.