Where is the survivor chat?

addie

Hi! It's Addie back from the desert of dial-up. Still getting used to mod cons like this, but last night I was just SO irritated by Colton that I wanted to share, and no-one I know here watches it. I WANT HIM OFF. Maybe one of you saints can help me see the funny side of it?????
i see lots of familiar names so HELLO AGAIN everyone. by the way, just got high speed last week so be patient with me. Gosh, I guess I have a profile lurking somewhere. I will see if I can leave it out as it needs updating.

DammitJanet

Well Hey Addie! Nice to see you back. Do you want us to help you get your old profile back or are you happy enough to have a new name and all? I can have Cheryl get in touch with you to merge your accounts if you want.

I dont do Survivor. I am an Idol and Dancing with the Stars gal. Always have been.

Lots of stuff has gone on, lots of stuff is still the same with just a few minor changes.

addie

Oh, yes please, Janet! I am no longer a red head, just faded grey ish, and the password I was given when I signed in as red head is - ugh! Impossible to remember. I know it was computer assigned, but maybe computers should know some of us can't remember strings of letters and numbers. Will I be able to update my profile? I tried. All it needs is adoptee ages changed to 25, 23 and 21. Only two foster kids now, girls, 14 and 15, been with us for years. And dogs up to five ( sigh ). They just happen to us.
thanks, and lovely to see you re still here. I have been browsing and catching up on news of those I remember.
How do I give you my new email address? It's not just high speed that's new to me, it's also an iPad.
Nancy, I read your post and am in awe of your high tech knowledge!
addie

Nancy

Hi Addie welcome back. Sadly I never left, just went from one forum to another as difficult child got older. I now hang out in substance abuse because well that's what she's into now.

I don't watch survivor either but that doesn't mean we can't talk.

Nancy

addie

LOVE to talk to old friends!!! I think I belong in too many forums, as my difficult child J has turned out just as sadly as your difficult child J. Yes re drugs, in an abusive relationship, jail twice for assault on me, now 20 weeks pregnant, not her first pregnancy.
her comment re birth control? It's putting foreign substances into my body, mom!!!! Marijuana? Oh mom, THAT is just a plant!
There is no question that the baby will be taken away. I am sure you know, as an adoptive parent too, that WE are considered next of kin! So I will be asked if I will take the baby.
Go through all that again? What do YOU think?
NO.
addie

Nancy

Oh dear, our J's have gone down the same road. difficult child told us she was pregnant last fall and with her alochol/pot abuse it was the worst thing that could happen. After considering all the options and going from one extreme to the other, she did go to planned parenthood and well you know the rest (sorry if this is against your beliefs but was the only reasonable option for her). We paid to have the 5 year IUD implanted.

Sorry to hijack your thread.

Nancy

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Welcome back Addie.:hugs:

I don't watch survivor, either, so am no help there. So good to see you again though!!

Hound dog aka Daisylover aka TMom <<<< not sure which one you'd remember me by, I've had snoopy kids upon occasion. lol

addie

Not against my beliefs. I gave her all the options, over and over, in no particular order, and she seemed to be going for open adoption, then at 19 weeks, when I thought OK, this is it, she found a place that would do it in the 20th week. Probably one of the hardest and most deeply disturbing things I have ever had to do, but how many, many times have we said that with our difficult children? And worse for you as I think you are a different religion from me?
All the animals she has had over the years have had something happen to them, generally due to neglect or accident. Sadly, since she is not stupid, she knows that I will be putting up a red flag with the authorities re this one, although I won't tell her I am doing it. Her paranoia in this case is deserved.
i offered hr the long term IUD and that is one of things she will not put into her body., Go figure.

Had a great chat with someone in the biz about conduct disorder/antisocial personality disorder, versus borderline prsonality disorder. The former, we realized, actually believe their illogical thoughts, and the latter actually believe they belong to whoever they have leeched onto. I am still learning, after all this time. It never crossed my mind she believed what came out of her mouth. I thought she was just being oppositional.
Also had another good chat about CD after 18. I thought sOciopaths and psychopaths were the same thing now. This was a discussion at my book club! But we looked it up and laughed (well, if you dont then you cry) as the info was read out and I upgraded her to psycho then downgraded to socio then back up to psycho.
It's all academic now, isn't it? But we still love her.

Suz

(the future) MRS. GERE
Hi Addie,

Well, you know I watched. I haven't missed an episode since the series started back in the Dark Ages. I had a Tribal Council thread a couple of weeks ago but there wasn't much interest so I didn't post one yesterday. I'm glad to see another fan or two in the ranks!

I hope this goes down in the annals of Survivor history as a really stupid move. I especially want it to backfire because it was Colton's idea and he has turned in a racist, sniveling, smirking, completely hateful jerk. I hope the rest of the guys smarten up and get together and blindside him so fast that his head is spinning.

I was so impressed with Bill's grace. I loved his response at the end...that Colton hated Bill because of his differences but Bill appreciated Colton because of his differences, or words to that effect. Bill showed true class.

Suz

Fran

Former desparate mom
I can't believe how horrid Colton is! Cruel and rude and I hope they blindside him. He gives small southern towns a bad name. Nothing funny about him. I don't get why everyone on his team are so afraid of him. They go along like sheep. Sheesh.

DDD

Happy to have you back, stranger. The only "survivor" I follow is our CD family, lol. It's a shame we can't win prizes for our amazing skills.

I'm curious about David. Did he end up ok and retain his interest in performing arts? Hugs DDD

addie

Suz, would you just get rid of that picture???!!! It doesn't look like you at all and it's getting old, as is he. Now if it was Gabrial Byrne - oh, wait, you can't have him, he's mine. YES I KNOW I SPELLED/SPELT IT INCORRECTLY BUT BLAME THE IPAD.
I am back in, at last, juggling around email addresses, running up and down between them.
Fran, so lovely to see you, and DDD. Yes, will send an update on David, silly SILLY boy!

Lothlorien

I stayed away from this thread until I wathched the episode.

First off, welcome back Addie!

I agree about Colton. I'm just so shocked at his behavior. He's so childish. I think he opened a lot of eyes on his team the other night. All I can say is wow!

addie

I just cringed again and again at his mean, cruel antics. I could not believe they did not see through. Him and vote him off. But then I remembered that we see selected clips while they live it all, so its not filtered for them and everyone is equally THERE, not singled out for viewing.
Yes, Bill was so classy. True class.