Where the &^%$( did that truck go that just ran me over???

mstang67chic

Going Green
OMG

I don't know WHAT kind of stomach/intestinal.....bug isn't a big enough word......creature that's going around but wow.

I NEVER get that kind of bug for more than 24 hours.

NEV

VER!!!

I've had it since Friday and today is what??? Wednesday? ugh. I went to work yesterday....physically anyway. Today....I tried, I really did. I got up, showered, got dressed, got gas, water and lunch, got back in my car and drove home. I was done.

I got in at the doctor who told me that I seemed to have a particularly nasty strain. (You think?) He rx'd some sort of anti diarhea medicine AND requested samples to make sure it wasn't bacterial.

If anyone sees that, that....thing headed their way? RUN.

KTMom91

I hear ya. I had the bronchial version for almost three weeks, and am grateful that it didn't morph into intestinal. We only have one bathroom.

Hope you feel better soon. Hugs.

GoingNorth

Crazy Cat Lady
Sounds like norovirus, a particularly nasty viral gastroenteritis that often runs through cruise ships and the like. It's been going around for a while this year. While it usually lasts no more than 48 hours, in some cases it can last 5-7 days.

The most important things to do are to stay obsessive about handwashing so as not to spread it, and to stay hydrated. If you can't keep liquids down at all, you may need to go to ER/Urgent care for a bag of fluids IV.

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
:hugs:

STANG!!!!! I've missed you sweetie!!!

I'm sending all the get-well vibes I can muster. been there done that, not for years but it really stinks.

Star*

call 911........call 911
Sorry to hear that you are so droopy
I hate to know that you are (you know)

Everyone in our house wishes you well
And hopes that bug goes straight to (you know)

How can it be you're not so plucky?
Is that your middle finger? -that's (not nice)

Close your eyes, getting well is your duty
Check your mail for a package from Pootie

Hey I never claimed to be a GOOD poet -

I mean my other choice was
Sorry to hear that you are sick -
I hope husband is not being...(sick there with you) yeah see the Pootie line was sooooo much better. And besides Pootie smacked me. Her wubs Unkley (you know)

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
LMAO Star

Stang soooo sorry. I had a bug like that when Nichole was 2 yrs old.............we both had it, not a fun time for either of us.

I did a nasty resp bug a while back. Connor just gave me a new one.........well, I've had it for about a week. I may have to take up wearing masks around my grandkids. lol

*Gives you a big comfy pillow and blankie, bowl of chicken soup, large container of water, and your fav movie*

Hope you start feeling better soon.

((hugs))

DDD

Sending very gentle hugs. I'm also saying a quick silent prayer that it doesn't head my way. It's been decades since I had something similar I don't want to go there again! DDD

TerryJ2

Ohhhhhhh, I'm so sorry!

Sounds like the one I had 3 yrs ago. Laid me flat for 15 days. And I lost 15 lbs and put on a swimsuit I'd saved from b4 easy child was born! Of course, I could only wear it for a day, and then started to gain the wt back.
And it looks awful when you're that sick and you lose wt that fast.
Feel better NOW!!!! Quickly!

H

HaoZi

Glad to hear you're doing a bit better, hope you're up to full speed soon!

cubsgirl

I rang in the New Year with a nasty instestinal/stomach bug. It lasted for about 3 days and I was so miserable (and our house has only one bathroom). Luckily no one else in the household caught it.

You have my sympathy, hugs, and good thoughts for fast healing.