Where the heck have you guy's been?

totoro

Mom? What's a difficult child?
I have just been hanging out eating bon-bon's and watching lots of Oprah.

Short story long?

husband went to Chicago, hung out with BBK, tee-hee. He was there for a week.
My computer broke, internet went out!

Our Gas up in Idaho developed a leak! Nice, they had to call the Fire dept, police and an ambulance... shut it off.

Our friend had to keep going over and turning on the water so the pipes would not freeze up- we have no heat!

husband had to drive down his parents car from Indy, he was stopped by Border Patrol for hours, they were looking for a car exactly like the one he was driving! He almost pooped himself! LOL

Took a looong time to get computers- his broke also! And his phone! To get everything work again.

We decided that there was so much to take care of up, yard, cleaning, fence broke, in Idaho, house is for sale that he needs to get up there and take care of it.
He left Tuesday. For we have no idea how long. :(

He is going to miss N's 5th birthday. He is besides himself with sadness.

We were not sure for the past couple of weeks if our house we are renting was going to work out. We can't afford it anymore. The land lord dropped the rent!!! We asked and he agreed.:D

The girls are on open enrollment at the School and we were bitting nails... but we got the wink-wink from the Principal that we are "in" next year!;)

In-laws are here and trying very hard... but I am running my butt off trying to do every thing, doctor apts etc.

The School asked me to do the baking for the Wednesday School meeting's after School for all of the Faculty, they offered to pay, but I could not take money when the SD is threatening to cut Special Needs Programs!!!
So I am baking 2 types of baked things enough for 30 plus people to get 2 each starting Monday night each week!
The Principal had tasted some of my cookies one day and chased me out the door! :tongue:
Hey I am all about kissing a little bootey!

Oh, and K thinks she controls the weather... and has decided she will not wipe her butt anymore...
But all in all considering what the girls have been through they are doing really well!
K and I are doing a Family Orienteering Race in the morning! She is so excited. Grandma and Grandpa are going to hang out with N and watch.
She has been working hard with her Compass.

K is also doing a really hard research contest, the whole school answers 100 questions about anything throughout the library.
For example, Which book won the Newberry Medal in 1992? Shiloh.
She has to use all of the resources...
We go in early and after School. It is fun! N and I sit and read books.

Any way I am trying to catch up.

Sorry I have not been around, I have been crazy, nothing real bad. But a lot of getting stuff together for husband paper work wise for Idaho etc...
And now playing single Mom, for a month plus...

I missed you guys!!!

Last edited:
M

ML

I'm so glad you are back. I missed you.

We have also lost a laptop and a phone. Must be something in the air with electronics. I also had to replace a heck of a lot of batteries the last couple weeks.

Welcome back! Don't leave us again lol. Love ML

gcvmom

Here we go again!
I hope you saved some bon-bons for ME -- sheesh! ;)

Hope you're able to hold it all together while husband disappears again. That's got to be stressful. Although in my case, when my kids were that age, it was actually better to not have husband around to interfere with routines, etc. Not that I'm a schedule Nazi, but he never understood their need for routines. Oh well.

Hope the house sells quickly up north and that you get a good offer for it!

Welcome back! We missed you :)

flutterby

Fly away!
I missed you!! So good to see you!! :kisses:

I'm sorry things have been so hectic. I imagine it's really difficult trying to keep up with a property so far away. And what an awesome landlord!!! You've got lots of good karma, girl.

Abbey

Spork Queen
Toto's back!!! Party time...(I'm too lazy to do icons, but I hope you sense my enthusiasm.)

Get on it, girl!

Abbey

tiredmommy

Could you tell K to please make it 72 and sunny here this weekend? Tell her I'll send her and N sprinkled doughnuts if she comes through! :bigsmile:

Star*

call 911........call 911
SRL - Totoro cream puffs - ROFL - ahem....yes....a dozen please.

Totoro - gosh......(tapping finger to chin) thinking......thinking.....um....who..........do you guys remember her?.....Hmmm OH YEEEEEEEEEES I remember her she's the gal that leaves and

MAKES YOU WORRY ABOUT HER!!!!!

This will cost you - since you're all about kissing a little bootie - lol....pft.

I'm glad you are back we put a CD APB out on you - Tired Mommy finally let us know you were okay.

Glad to see you are back - I think you should take Moose poop to school.

Kids would love that - and even at .50 a BON BON of moose poop - you'd still earn some cash, kids could run around saying they had a mouth full of poop - and you'd be a big hit. As if you weren't already.

Hugs -
Missed you
STar
(hands chapstick) git buzzy puckering darlin'.

mrscatinthehat

Seussical
Glad to know you are well. Hope things don't get too crazy over the next while as it sounds like you have been dealing with a hectic enough time.

hugs
beth

klmno

Hey!! I was wondering why you disappeared! I'm glad to hear that you're hanging in there- despite all the unexpected things happening and husband being gone so long.

If you do find an extra minute, do you mind sharing a good guac recipe?

totoro

Mom? What's a difficult child?
Star*- you and that Mule are going to need to saunter over yonder fer' N's Birthday!!!

SRL- that is so great!!! I don't know if the School would appreciate them? But I am going to have to make them for the girls! They will love them.
N has a little Bento Lunch Box with little Totoro's all over it.
I have never made cream puffs but I will give it a try!
i just finished making Meringue cookies with Apricot centers... Meringue is kind of a pain to perfect!

Guacamole? hmm off of the top of my head the one I make that I stole from a Puerto Vallarta hole in the wall... is just-

Lots and lots of Avocados maybe 3-5
mashed with a fork with chunks still in it
Olive oil ( I use about a 1/2 table spoon to start and then taste and add if needed)
pinch of kosher or sea salt
chopped cilantro
chopped jalapeno to taste
Cumin- 1 teaspoon ( more if you love it, I do)
Lime 1/2 and some on the side

I am guessing on the measurements but petty sure, I eyeball them...

I mix it all up with a fork and leave it chunky- serve with really good tortilla chips!!!

I would make it once if it sounds good to you and taste, then adjust the flavors to your liking!
This is the one that K and husband love with our Mexican food a couple times a week!
I add the jalapeno after I give K hers!

Last edited:

Marguerite

Cream puffs are fun but a bit of a challenge - mixing the dough as it cooks means you need to put in some elbow grease, it can be hard work. But it's definitely worth the effort!

Back when I was a kid and our house cow (a Jersey) produced gallons of extremely rich, cream-laden milk, we made cream puffs to use up a lot of it. My eldest sister & I took turns beating the pastry over the farm wood stove, until it was ready to pipe onto the baking tray.

I was just beginning to go out with husband back then but his family still talk about the wonderful milk and jugs of cream we provided them with back then. And those cream puffs, baked fresh and filled with the wonderfully rich cream from our darling house cow!

You've brought back some memories for me.

Marg

Lothlorien

Glad you have returned. I hope husband can get the work done on the house and get it sold. That will be a weight off of your shoulders, for sure.

Steely

So good to here from you Toto.........
We have missed you. But good to hear things are plugging along.

Just a thought about K..............and I truly do not know how expensive this is........but have you ever thought of a bidet (sp?) for her? I bet this is a texture thing for her - and a bidet, or if time permitted, a bath - would make the wiping issue no longer an "issue". In Europe, bidets are commonplace - there must be a reason.

Love Ya
Steely