Where's Abbey?

Discussion in 'The Watercooler' started by tiredmommy, Jan 27, 2009.

1. tiredmommy

tiredmommy Site Moderator

I don't remember seeing her since I left for California. I hope everything is okay...
  2. gcvmom

gcvmom Here we go again!

Isn't she on her trip to Vegas?
  3. amazeofgrace

amazeofgrace New Member

oh spork lady where are you?
  4. Suz

Suz (the future) MRS. GERE

I'll bet she's in Vegas. :D

5. KTMom91

KTMom91 Well-Known Member

I don't remember how long she was going to be gone...wasn't it two weeks?
  6. tiredmommy

tiredmommy Site Moderator

Well that's good news! I won't worry so much now. :)
  7. Hound dog

Hound dog Nana's are Beautiful

I hope she's getting toasty warm in Vegas. :D
  8. Star*

Star* call 911........call 911

Talked to her last night -

She's having a very good time and seeing some old friends. I guess it would be hard to go back to the cold.

She doesn't have internet service but said she'll be back on soon.
  9. Abbey

Abbey Spork Queen

I'm back...(insert evil laughter).:devil2: Just got in about 5am. Yes, I was in Vegas and had a wonderful time. I also got a lot of work done on my book. It was great seeing my regulars again. I even got to see Granny Pants Guy a few times!! There is now a GPG2, but I'll leave that story for another day.:bag:

I had internet withdrawl for the first week, but after I got over the shakes and bent Star's ear on the phone, I was ok. There IS light at the end of the internet. I'm serious...I was like a drug addict trying to steal any neighbor's wireless connection. I'm pretty good at it, too, but these people all had them secured pretty well. If they only knew the withdrawls I went through they might have opened it up for me.

I didn't have a car there so I basically had to beg, borrow or steal a ride. The bus service stinks so that wasn't much of an option. I guess me being the only person in the house who could legally drive was a BIG plus. I became popular very fast. :cutie_pie:

Typical conversation:

Dude...we need some food. Can you drive?

No, can you? Hey...Abbey is here. She can drive. She's legal. Anyone have a car that starts?

Pregnant pause.

Anyone have any money? (crickets chirping right now)

Won't go into the house situation...just know it was a bit sketchy. Good people, though. I don't think I've laughed that hard in years. I'll post pixs later.

My boss called me yesterday morning to make sure I was coming back. He asked me what I was doing. Well, I'm basking in the sun at 7am. It's about 75. How about you?

I had a one word reply that I can't type and then he hung up. I think it was -11 back there.

Missed you guys.

10. mstang67chic

mstang67chic Going Green

I think I know that word because I just used it myself! LOL You hoover. :tongue:

Welcome back!
  11. hearts and roses

hearts and roses Mind Reader

Deb, I'm so glad you enjoyed your time away!! Can't wait to see some pix~
  12. Steely

Steely Active Member

Abbey.............SO glad to see you back girl!!!!

Looking forward to hearing about your adventures.:peaceful:
  13. Star*

Star* call 911........call 911

Honestly - Don't you all get it by now ?????

If you go somewhere - you should send me a PRESENT........

My friend went to Vegas and all I got was this lousy Email.

And I still didn't get my Hanna Montanna golden Mickey Mouse ears from the Cali group........
  14. Hound dog

Hound dog Nana's are Beautiful

Glad you had a wonderful time basking in the heat. I'm more than sure you needed the thaw. lol And it sounds like all in all you had a great time. I can't wait to see the pics. :D :D

Welcome home.

15. Abbey

Abbey Spork Queen

Aww.. Star, I should send you a preset. I'm going to think now, which is really scary. I have an idea.

16. ML

ML Guest

I missed you Abbey.

I have a card *piggy*bank I got in Vegas years ago I don't use that I can send Star.

17. Abbey

Abbey Spork Queen

Ok, after tons of tears and lack of sleep, I found the perfect thing, Star, dear. I know where you live...haha, haha...

Just give me one more night of sleep and this cherished relic will be on your doorstep soon.

ML - a piggy bank? I LOVE those!!! (Abbey scoots Star away...)