Where's *The Bachelor* thread for this week?

Suz

(the future) MRS. GERE
Nancy and D3 must be busy so I thought I'd start the discussion.

Pretty crazy episode. Anyone else mortified for Jamie while she was trying in vain to seduce Ben? It was horrible to watch and I'm sure she is squirming (no pun intended) with embarassment at seeing it again.

And I have to admit that it was a surprise to see the book Blakeley made. I was still relieved that he opted for Rachel and let her go instead, especially with how arrogant Blakeley was before the date. lol

As for Courtney??? sheesh.

Suz

DDD

How crazy was that episode? Good Grief. Maybe Jamie caught a glimpse of Courtney's aggression and thought if it was good for the goose it would be good for the gander. Not, lol.

The "memory book" rings familiar to me from some years ago. Guess I could be wrong but I really think that some other contestant did the same thing. Seems as thought the Bachelor at the time "was touched"...before he sent her home. I just don't see Ben as the sentimental type.

More and more I have a "gut" feeling that you know who is going to be the last one standing. Although this season is turning me off big time...I really am curious what the family visits are going to be like. I'm just hoping I don't have to chug Cutty in order to abide it. :nervoussmiley:DDD

Suz

(the future) MRS. GERE
Yeah, Blakeley didn't invent the idea of the memory book.

Just remembered about the gal who was busted for still being in love with her ex-boyfriend. When Chris opened the hotel door I was really hoping ex-boyfriend would be there on one knee ready to propose. Didn't happen, unfortunately.

I'm already yelling at the tv and scaring the dogs. There's no telling how I'll be at the end. lol

Suz

Nancy

You took the words out of my mouth DDD. Suz you are a hopeless romantic.

I was so embarrassed for Jamie I could hardly watch.

It was time for Blakely to go.

Kacie S with the boyfriend back home was sad. She kept saying she was going back home to nothing because it still wasn't going to work with the ex. Ben didn't seem very understanding.

Im still afraid he will end up with Courtney and then I'll have to never watch again...maybe.

Nancy

Suz

(the future) MRS. GERE
Actually girls, I prefer to think of myself as a hopeFUL romantic. Like most other things, I prepare for the worst but hope for the best.

:flowers:

Suz

Kathy813

Staff member
Unless Courtney is an idiot, she has to know how this will look on national television. I am starting to think she is being paid to act like this. Ben is so boring that this would be a snoozefest except for Courtney.

by the way, she has been on a reality television show before. She was on a game show in New Zealand back in 2005 called “Treasure Island: Couples at War.” According to the bios, she was dating some hunky South African born guy who was the grand champion of “Fear Factor” here in the states in 2003, before moving back to New Zealand.

So this is not her first go round with being on television.

~Kathy

DDD

I'm kinda a fish and rice (used to be meat and potatoes, lol) person and I was wondering about this silly show. What viewership do you suppose they would have if they just normalized the process? I would watch if they didn't travel around the world, dropped the helicopters, and showed a more reality based dating process. I'd like to see dates with one person last for thirty or sixty minutes so you could actually see the interaction and reactions. If one contestant was not a potential partner they could edit out to make it apparent that the connection just wasn't there. It would be alot cheaper to produce for sure. Besides, unless you have a passionate interest in skydiving or whatever why include all the far out challenges?

Wouldn't others be interested in conversations about careers? Cooking? Family interactions? Normal hobbies? Pet preferences? Yeah, I don't discount physical attraction as a major factor. My memory is clear on that one, lol. But in life you spend a heck of alot more time living life than you do under the sheets. Would others watch? Maybe. Maybe not. DDD

Nancy

Yep I agree DDD. Normal life does not consist of flying to far off islands and diving off luxury boats into the deep blue waters. I too would like to see a normal date with normal conversation. But it probably would be too boring so instead we will see unrealistic expectations of what life will be of they choose that person.

Nancy

Suz

(the future) MRS. GERE
While I understand what you mean, D3, I doubt the show would have mass appeal if it was "normalized." I've been on my fair share of so-called "normal" dates since my divorce and I can promise you that most of the filtering out process to find someone you click with is boring, boring, boring as you repeat your resume from one person to the next. How many times would you like to listen to Ben relate his history? He's a boring enough kisser, I can't imagine listening to the same monologue repeated, too. lol

I expect that part of the appeal for the participants is the traveling and living a life style they don't ordinarily live. And that could also be said for the viewers since I don't know many people who would walk up the SF Bay Bridge (you'd have to shoot me first and then hoist my lifeless body up the sides from a pulley) or party with a tribe in Panama. It's not realistic by any stretch and it's not intended to be. The escapism is actually one of the things I like about the show since I no longer believe there will be a happy ending for these folks.

Suz