WHEW, how did your TG go??? we survived I guess!

buddy

True confessions moment :
I found a covered cake pan full of moldy cake and frosting from before q went to the hospital. I put it up in the cupboard because I didn't want him to eat it all in one day. Now the decision is....clean the nasty pan (glass nice pan) or throw it away ...

DammitJanet

If it was tin, I would say toss it but since it is glass I would say keep it. Now, do you have a dishwasher, that would make it easier. Got an empty lot close by? Just take the thing to the empty lot and empty it out. Thats one perk of living in the country. I take old food either out to the dog pen or out to the field and toss stuff.

buddy

We dont but our complex i full of trees and wooded areas etc. I love living here, wish I could afford it, lol. I can certainly dump it in the woods. Q had found some apples etc. and was going to give it to the therapy horses, but of course we got interupted and now they have been in a basket outside, just noticed critters are getting at them, heehee...will take it all and put it in the woods behind our building.

I have a pretty strong stomach usually, but not lately. I did get to wear another size smaller pants to TG dinner though! and believe me, I ate tons! (still eating, love leftovers. )

InsaneCdn

Glass is not affected by mold, so it is definitely safe to clean it.

** plastic IS affected ** - there is no way, from what I understand, to completely get mold out of plastic - in which case, the item needs to be tossed.

Not sure about metal... might depend on the actual metal? Like, stainless steel or solid aluminum, probably safe... tin, or coated-metal stuff, might be an issue?