Which games sound best to you?

DDD

These are the ideas that I "think" sound best for the Canoe Challenge fundraising event.

Bocce anyone? (I've never seen it in real life but looks easy & fun.)
Horseshoes?
Golf putting?
Basketball hoop shoot?
Casting contest?
'Some of the other ideas are still on my list, lol, but these four seem unisex competitive, adult friendly but potentially child inclusive. I don't think that set up would be an issue either.

Does anyone play Bocce (or is it Bocci?) ;) DDD

mstang67chic

Going Green
I'm reeeeally late into this but another one to consider.....cornhole. Some people call it by other names. It's basically a bean bag toss game and the board is rectangular, set at an angle ("top" end is raised higher than the bottom) with a hole in the middle. Google cornhole for the official rules.

DammitJanet

They all sound fun though I have never even heard of Bocce or Bocci...lol. I didnt know you had hoops available and that is always fun.

I can tell you that the casting contest was a huge hit in Myrtle (Tony won...lol) one year and the prize was great for us. It was a dinner and a fishing pole. Of course, it was probably a bigger contest than you are doing because it was off a pier. Now you could do yours with those little kids poles to make it harder...lol. Maybe you could get either the local sporting goods stores to offer a fishing pole as a prize or a local restaurant to offer a dinner as a prize.

Star*

call 911........call 911
OMG we used to play Bocci ball ALL the time at the park - it's very fun! It's been years since I played but it's very addicting. The rules are pretty clear - and it's easy. NICE choice.

-Especially if you aren't going to play Cheeto head. lol. :tongue:

Fran

Former desparate mom
I have a set of bocci balls. It's a lot of fun. Of course, it's best with two wizened old men with cigars in their mouth arguing about who is closest and using a piece of string to measure who is closest to the pelotta(I think that's how they spell the little ball). It's basically italian horse shoes. Lots of loud voices, good natured teasing about cheating and laughters. Doesn't hurt to have a small glass of red wine while you play. :bigsmile:

Kids can definitely play.

DDD

Is it pronounced "baa chee" or "bok kee" or, or ??? I don't even know how to pronounce it. I don't know what the rules are? I don't know how many can play at a time.

Am I right that there is like one little white thing (maybe a little ball) that stays stationery and then people take turns tossing black balls about the size of tennis balls toward the white thing and the closest one wins?? How many tries do you get and does it have to be a sand base or can you do it on grass that is flagged off??

Presenting this to my Board I don't want to sound completely stupid, lol.\ I'd love to have a backgammon contest too but I'm afraid that cheating and timing might cause a problem with that.

I don't need to hire an old man with a cigar........I'm married to one! DDD

JJJ

Cornhole is called bags here. It's easy and fun, but the kits to play are about $100 each although if you have time, you can build your own cheaper.

KTMom91

I've seen bocci played, and it looks like a lot of fun. What about Velcro darts? Knocking over milk cans? Scavenger hunts?

For the kids...sack races? Three legged races? Egg toss? Any relay race...egg and spoon, over/under, balance a book on your head...