While we're speaking of books...

flutterby

Fly away!
I just read in one sitting, "Heartbreak Cafe" by Penelope Stokes. It's an easy read and a great story.

It's not sad like the title suggests - more along the lines of Fried Green Tomatoes.

Mattsmom277

I'll have to pick it up. I love recommended titles!

I am currently reading "The lovely bones" by Alec Sebold. They say it goes from heartbreakingly sad, to joyful and hopeful. So far I'm near half way through and its just sad, but also interesting and gripping. It is told from the perspective of a murdered 14 year old from her perch in heaven as she learns about heaven but mostly as she watches over her loved one and town in the aftermath of her killing. Very poignant, although I'll be glad to see some light shine in the story soon as I'm told it does!! So far, I highly recommend it.

Thanks for the new title!

muttmeister

My book club just finished The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society by Mary Ann Shaffer and Annie Barrows. We are a diverse group and do not always agree but everybody liked this one.
I'm just reading the new Dan Brown. His books are sort of like junk food; I'll probably finish it tonight.