Who is sending faxes

Marcie Mac

Just Plain Ole Tired
I was in another room and heard the sound of a fax being sent - went out to the front room to chastise what I thought was one of the boys. No one was there.

I turned around to go back, and from Little Bit our bird came the exact sound of a fax machine when it is sending.

Its now his favorite song to sing. He has also become a better watchdog than the dogs. From his perch on the filing cabinet, he can see out the dining room windows, and sounds the alarm with loud squaking when he either sees SO's truck come up the street (other cars go up and down all the time and he doesn't make a sound) , or if anyone is walking up the walkway. And the dogs have figured out when he starts this, something is up and the four of them start this frenzied barking.

easy child working night shift is not real happy with our new alarm system LOL

Marcie

mrscatinthehat

Seussical
That is truly a group of animals working together. As for the fax machine that is kinda cute. I am not into birds (they scare me unless its a duck) but I love it when they do stuff like that.

beth

Lothlorien

Our old neighbor had African Greys and they used to mimic Missy's high pitched screaming when she was having one of her hissy fits. It's amazing what they pick up on. They liked to sound like the phone, too and would trick her and then start laughing.

One of my stepmom's friends had a parrot that used to rat on her for smoking in the house.

donna723

Ha! That is so funny! What kind of bird is it? They're such clever little boogers! My daughter had a cockatiel but all he ever did was the sound of the phone ringing! Drove her nuts!

When I was a kid, my cousin had a Beagle named Sparky and a little parakeet whose cage was right next to their back door. When Sparky wanted out, he'd stand by the door and whine and cry until one of them came to let him out. After a while they'd hear him but sometimes when they went to the back door to let him out, he wasn't there - he'd be off somewhere curled up sound asleep! They finally figured out that it was the bird who had learned to make the same sounds as the dog wanting out! He not only could imitate the dog whining, he could perfectly mimic my aunt yelling, "Dammit, Earl! Let the dog out!"

Marcie Mac

Just Plain Ole Tired
He is a grey/yellow cockatiel Donna. He only says one word and its Hello, and only says that if SO takes him into the bathroom and in the mirror he saw himself - he does a long draw out of the word helllloooooooo LOL

He has also gotten my laugh down pat. Such a little thing that brings constant smiles to the house. He is definately a guys bird though. He bursts out in song if SO is by the cage, and he lets him scratch his stomach - easy child hand feeds him Cherios, and he whistles to Danny. Me, he stares curiously with his little topnot of feathers standing straight up and won't come if I call him..

Marcie

donna723

Marcie, the one my daughter had used to be out of his cage almost all the time if she was home. When she was in the shower, he'd perch on the shower rod and bathe in the spray. He'd go in and take naps with her, sitting on her pillow. He even ate dinner with them! They would be eating and he'd be walking around on the table going between her and sister in law while they fed him little bits of food!

Abbey

Spork Queen
They tend to pick up words or noises that have a sense of urgency. Sometimes that is not so good. :angry-very:

Abbey