Who knew my life would cross into the fictional world of Twilight?

gcvmom

Here we go again!
Two of my late father's brothers had their ashes scattered at a waterfall somewhere in Washington about a decade ago, maybe more. It was a favorite hiking destination of one of the brothers. My aunt had a picture of the waterfall on her livingroom wall after she scattered them there. I never knew the name of the place.

Well, another brother passed away a few years later, and that aunt held onto his ashes. Then she passed away, and that brother's ashes and her own are now in the posession of my cousin (her daughter).

Now that my dad is gone, we all thought it would be a good time to make plans to scatter the rest of the ashes up at "that" waterfall -- aiming for some time around Father's Day next year. I finally learned the name of the waterfall today. And guess where it lies? About mid-way between the town of Port Angeles and Forks, Washington -- setting of the famed Twilight stories/movies! :vampire:

difficult child 1 said we'll have to at least drive through the towns while we're up there next summer and get a postcard or magnet or something. The kids can tell their friends that grandpa's final resting place is up in Quileute country with the werewolves and sparkly vampires! :tongue:

gcvmom

Here we go again!
And I was thinking... we could do it at twilight, on the eve of a new moon after the first eclipse of the year, before the breaking dawn.

H

HaoZi

I guess my question would be whether the people whose ashes you'd be scattering would appreciate it. Outside of that, COOL!