Who thinks of these things?

susiestar

Roll With It
Do you ever wonder who first got the brilliant idea to use some of these substances to get high?

Who first thought, hey, lets try that houseplant (salvia)? Maybe we will get high if we smoke it?

Who first thought, let's combine floor stripper and drain cleaner to make GHB so we can rape all the women we want, and get high too?

I jsut don't get how these thoughts even occur to people.

But, I also can't fathom why they invented the tie, or the bra, or pantyhose.

So I am just Clueless in Oklahoma!

Susie

Shari

IsItFridayYet?
What about the first person to eat an egg?

There aren't many things that come from the hind end of an animal that I would be inclined to pick up and go "let's eat it!"

susiestar

Roll With It
The whole egg eating thing has ALWAYS been more of a conuncrum to me than the what came first thing. I don't CARE what came first.

I also wonder who thought of sweezing a cow and drinking what came out of it?

I guess it is one thing when desperately hungry. I don't understand a desperation to get high. It is sad that so many others do, in my humble opinion.

Susie

Mikey

Psycho Gorilla Dad
Egg - probably came from watching other animals eat eggs. Milk, well, we all drink milk at one point in our life, is it such a stretch to think that milk from a cow (or goat, or llama??) would be different from Mamma's milk?

Oh, and on the egg thing (and other edibles that aren't easily understood): I've been to a military survival school, and the things they teach you to eat would revolt most humans. However, once you're in the field for a week with no food, tree bark starts to look like Wheaties and ants really do look like licorice drops with legs.....

Mikey

gottaloveem

I have also wondered about these things. One thing that has my head reeling isn't connected to drugs, but the use of gentian violet dye to treat thrush in a baby. Who was the first one to put purple dye in a baby's mouth to cure thrush?