Who votes for getting rid of January?

InsaneCdn

After how my day is going, and watching the other threads to floating by for several days now, it seems like January is a bad month. Lots of bad things happen in January. We just don't need the whole hassle of January.Who else want's to outlaw January? Relegate it to the trash bin? send it to some other planet?

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
We need to keep the 4th, 6th and 8th, as they are birthdays of people I adore. The rest can go hang!

Jody

Yes, I was so positive about the New Year and then it came and every day has sucked. I vote to get rid of it!!!! Quick fast and in a hurry.

gcvmom

Here we go again!
Although so far it hasn't been too bad for fulfilling-a-year's-worth-of-medical-deductibles-in-one-fell-swoop.

Reordered one of difficult child 1's medications and because we are in "meeting-deductible" mode, we have to pay full price (though thankfully it counts towards that magic number) which amounts to over $1,300 for a 90-day rx. :faint: And I had to take him in for an xray on his elbow today since the bursitis that was diagnosis'd on Sunday doesn't seem to be resolving like I thought it would, so there's some more to add to the tally!

SRL

I'm good with January as it's meant that I've survived Christmas. It's February I think that should be illegal.

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
Around here, it's March that usually stinks. H gets depressed in February. I will be on good painkillers for a better part of January...so that leaves February and March-I could without both!

S

Signorina

I vote for March too. I need January to recover from the holidays and catch up on the laundry and obliterate all the stray pine needles. And February while dismal - only has 28 days. By March I am ready to shed the winter doldrums ... and it's always disappointing. When you live in the Midwest, March rarely marks the beginning of Spring, it's just one more month of ugly, slushy winter and gray snow, no guarantees of even 1 sunny warm day...winter may not be over until June.

DammitJanet

We cant get rid of January because the Federal Government in all its national wisdom has had the good idea to make my birthday into a National Holiday! I have never been so honored.

Seriously, my birthday falls so closely to Martin Luther King day that inevitably it is either the day that the national holiday is held or one day after. I feel so honored. I have always just taken it as my day....lol.

InsaneCdn

Please? Can it be February tomororw? PLEASE?

I don't think I can take another 20 days of majorly stressed-out difficult child... its now 5 days until finals... He's not eating (but eaten alive with hunger), not sleeping well, starting to make poor choices because of the combination (stress, sleep and diet...)...

AAARRRGGGHHH!!!!!

<as she goes screaming off into the night>

buddy

OH wow, I hate finals. I wonder if they are needed for him? Really it is more important to do the work and learn, does he need the finals? Or do you want him to learn to handle it for the future?

OK waving my magic wand... it is FEB OH darn, I missed the next IEP meeting on jan 30, bummer.

InsaneCdn

He is TOTALLY main-stream. With "assistance".
As in... Resource Room as a class, shared EAs (note-taking, organization, scribing, etc.), accommodations (test formats, alternate test locations, reduced workload without dumbing down the materials) and so on. But... his mark in ELA represents the same learning as everybody else. He can take that mark and go to college or tech school, if he wants. Its a "full meal deal". But. It comes with FINALS, because finals are mandatory - across the board. You can't get out of finals unless you are too "impaired" (their term) to be academically successful... so, the downs syndrome kids, for example... kids like Q would get that, too.

Oh, ya... I only need to miss Jan until the 27th. So... you can have Jan back for your IEP meeting...

DDD

LOL........doesn't this thread "kinda" remind you of Congress. We all agree we want to get rid of a month but we're divided on which one. Stalemate! The positive difference is that it won't take us six months and a few million dollars to decide...it ain't gonna work.

Now, my idea is that each of us be allowed to choose thirty days throughout the year and pretend those days don't exist. I like the appeal of the randomness. I opened the store at 8 AM to discover the computer system wasn't working AND our Comcast phone system was out. Today would have been hsitory by 8:30 AM and I would have been back in bed with my head covered by 9:00. Great idea! DDD

susiestar

Roll With It
If we get rid of January the problems will just move to another month. Sigh. I vote we make coffee free to all and chocolate too. Top Quality Coffee and Chocolate Free for ALL!! THAT is a cause I could get enthusiastic about.

If we can't have that, lets all share some of my YoHoHo! YoHoHo is the name we have given to the 1.75liter bottle of rum that I put 8, yes 8, vanilla beans in the week before thankgiving. It is OMWord amazing smelling/tasting.

I let Jessie wear some as perfume to her cake decorating class and I wore some too since we were going to dinner with the in-laws for husband's birthday (yesterday was husband's birthday). My mother in law couldn't stop raving about the perfume I was wearing. As we parted I finally told her what it was and she laughed and laughed and laughed. father in law who NEVER notices stuff like that commented on how great my perfume was when I gave him a hug hello. The lady who teaches the cake decorating classes also commented on her perfume, not knowing what it was.

I am violently allergic to perfumes and can only tolerate some essential oils. For years I used vanilla and cinnamon as perfume. Those scents attract guys FAR more effectively than any musk or flower juice you can find. THough I also wore rose water at times as it doesn't make me sick. It combines nicely with vanilla and/or cinnamon too.

So rather than cancelling January, I wish you all a heapin' helping of my YoHoHo. Drink it, wear it, sniff the bottle often, or go hogwild and do all three!