Whoo-Hoo! Finally Got 'Em!!!!

DaisyFace

Love me...Love me not
Hello All!

I have been PLAGUED by recorded telemarketing calls...You know the one--"The Factory Warranty is about to expire on your vehicle....".

I have BEGGED this company to stop. I even put my number on the Federal Do Not Call Registry....and months later I am STILL getting the calls.

So here's the catch, I can only report the company for violating the Do Not Call list if I actually have the name of the company....and because it has just been this anonymous, annoying recording (and the salespeople hang up if you ask them the name of the company)--I have no company name to report. So, I have been keeping a running tally of when they call.

This morning, I decided to try and find out if there was a way I could report them anyway....and while I was on the Do Not Call website--guess who called? Yep! And this time, I was able to get a salesperson who told me the name of the company! So I was finally able to report all the harassing telemarketing calls!

Yay!!!!

I am so happy!

I hope they get in big trouble....

Hee! Hee!

--DaisyFace

Marcie Mac

Just Plain Ole Tired
I get them at work more than a few times a day (thank you so much Verizon for giving me a regular phone number instead of a business one) I have never been able to get them to stop either. I saw on one of the Judge whoever shows that one person sued them, and was paid the max. I think next time they call I will try and get the info as well, report them then sue them :)

They are just as annoying and time wasting as the robot calls now from Tracy, Michelle, Jennifer, Patty that wants me to refinance due to the NEW federal program 15 times a day.

I have had to place my business phones on the Do Not Call list when it came out - I can only wonder how many I would have gotten if I hadn't.

And I get a ton of faxes a day from advertisers wanting to sell me insurance, or take a cruise, invest money in the stock market

Its all just annoying. But I would check your state's website Lisa and see if they have anything on there about Do Not Call offenders - sometimes if you report stuff like this, and they go after them, you can get a reward :)

Marcie

Abbey

Spork Queen
Not that I'm the lawsuit kind of person...but it IS a lawsuit. If you're on the registry, they cannot legally contact you. I don't get anymore, actually for several years, but just started receiving unwanted texts on my cell phone. Will tackle that.

Abbey

When the Do Not Call Registry first came out, any offending companies were supposed to get fined $11,000 per violation. That's HUGE. Don't know if anyone was actually fined though...... :(

Star*

call 911........call 911
BRAVO DAISYFACE.................

I called the do not call registry after receiving those factory warranty calls on my tracfone (imagine) uhg.

The only numbers not able to register are business numbers but I put our business number on their anyway - no one emailed me to say otherwise. ;)

The calls to my cell phone have stopped - the calls to our business have slowed dramatically. We were getting 6-12 a day. :ashamed: