Whoopi defends Michael Vick

Star*

call 911........call 911
I live in SC....

There are MORE than a few things that living here is considered culturally acceptable in some circles. :censored2: fighting, dog fighting, - there is a huge ring of it less than 2 miles from my house. My son when younger even brought home a Pit Bull skull they found while looking through the trash dump. We gave the skull to the police and they told me "Unless you have video evidence we can't do anything."

Now they KNOW where this is. They KNOW there is more than dog fighting and gambling going on (drugs). But unless I (how stupid to they think I am) get video evidence...there is nothing they can do. If I got video evidence my house would be blown up.

So I do what I can on the other end, volunteer at a shelter, promote a spay and neuter program, educate people that we can about the Bully breeds, and foster animals. I also own a huge American Bulldog and a pitbull that had they not been neutered (or rather ruined for fighting) would be gone. According to the fighters a neutered dog is ruined. I got news for them - it has nothing to do with jaw performance or guardian duty. But we always nod and say..."YUP, gentle as a lamb that one" The little pup we had 3 years ago that had a broken hip and external stainless apparatus from the kick, was stolen right out of my fenced in yard. He was probably used as a bait dog. The thought makes me sick. He was like a child to us.

It's just sad. I don't have love for roosters like I do dogs, but wouldn't allow it to go on if I knew about it and I'm not a cop. ....Get video evidence. I said...of WHAT? YOU not doing your job? Sheeeeeeeeeeez. Probably going to get a traffic stop ticket for that one and a field sobriety test for that little jewel.

LittleDudesMom

I agree with Nomad. Woopie was not excusing or condoning his behavior because of his heritage. She was saying that this type of thing is more prevelent in the south and perhaps it was part of his backgroud. But if you watch the two animal rescue shows on Animal Planet you see this up north and the midwest as well. Perhaps it is people's stereotypes that this is more prevelent in the south that is the error.

However, I lost respect for Vick many years ago. He was the star quarterback at Virginia Tech and was constantly in trouble but always excused because he was their star. Excuses, excuses.....

Sharon

Kathy813

Staff member
I like the response of the PETA president:

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">PETA President Ingrid Newkirk fired off an email to Whoopi that very politely said just how ignorant Whoopi's statement was. "I think a lot of people who live and work in the South -- as PETA does -- will not appreciate the "view" that cruelty to dogs is an accepted Southern pastime. Those who fight dogs do so in New York, Chicago, and even the Republic of Ireland, and what unites them is lawlessness and callousness, not whether they eat grits or Belgian waffles for breakfast." Newkirk went on to say that "animals are as vulnerable to abuse as children are, and they need your voice more than Vick does right now." Whoops! </div></div>

~Kathy