Whose AS child has an emotional attachment to inanimate objects?

TerryJ2

Oh, I was wondering! Thank you.

I wonder where I would find a developmental pediatrician? Our pediatrician worked in a psychiatric ward b4 he graduated (and of course, our therapist did, too). I'll do some digging.

Funny, other than that, difficult child has been much better lately. Sigh.

susiestar

Roll With It
You can probably do a google search for your town or your state and developmental pediatrician.

I found ours through a recommendation from my mom's therapist. You may also be able to do a search on your insurance company's website.

Hi Terry,

difficult child had a developmental therapist for awhile. He was very helpful, but interestingly did insist difficult child was not aspie. He said his developmental delays were not because of AS or BiPolar (BP) either.

Anyway, maybe there is a developmental therapist somewhere near you who understand and treats kids with developmental disorders and can help you out with this obsession thing. Do you know why he likes these articles of clothing? Sorry I'm new here -- is it clothing, or other things as well? If it's clothing it might be just the pattern or the texture, as was mentioned. How long has he had the obsession?

Do you know about the AS message boards over at OASIS? This of course is the best message board, but OASIS is strictly AS. There is a board for parents of AS Teens.

Regarding the tools and my difficult child -- yes it's awful. He's also obsessed with dismantling anything and everything. He loves to take things apart. I was reading about some of the AS kids on this board who shred paper, and I was wondering if it was the same principle.

Jo xxoo

Jo

Pixistix19

I was wondering the same thing! My 3 yr old is attached to receipts, cords, pieces of paper he had ripped out of a magazine and odds and ends that he has found. He freaks out when 1 is missing ad I have no idea how he remembers all of these objects! He wants to bring them everywhere and gets worried that if he isn't carrying them at all times, they will get cold or bugs will get them...

keista

Welcome to the board Pixistix19

Sounds like you have a very interesting child on your hands. This is a very old thread, so please start a new one of your own and introduce yourself. There are lots of parents with lots of experience to lend support, guidance and insights.

You've found a great place so stick around.

PS you can add a signature (see mine below) through the settings tab to let ppl know the basic details of your family. Generally advised not to use real names.

Welcome again.

Steely

I replied, and didn't realize this was an old post - now I can't delete. Oh well.
Welcome Pix...........