Why are they addictive?

mrscatinthehat

Seussical
I held a baby today. She isn't even a month old. The smell is still lingering in my shirt. She was all cuddled up with me. I think the enticement is more because of where we are with our kids but dang I didn't want that moment to end.

Estherfromjerusalem

I couldn't agree with you more. husband and I went last night to visit our new granddaughter, 3 weeks old. I held her for the whole hour. It was such a treat. I adore newborn babies. It's lucky I'm too old now to have any more, otherwise we would be in trouble!

There's just nothing at all like a really new born baby!

Love, Esther

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
I love babies........love children too. At one point I only wanted at least a dozen. And I was serious. But God had other plans. lol (much to husband's relief)

However, once that 1st grandchild came along, suddenly my desire to have more children disappeared. Grandkids are even more fun....and you get to send them home!! :D

DammitJanet

I know what you mean too.

Its odd though for me. When I was having my own kids, I was so young I only wanted the couple..ok few...I had. However, when I got in my thirties, I went into baby shock and wanted more. It seemed like every where I went, there were babies and my tubes were tied. I even went one month without a period and thought the tubal had failed and actually got excited thinking maybe I was pregnant. Just my fibroids kicking up though. Then right after my hysterectomy my friend had her baby and I thought I was going to never stop crying over not being able to have a baby again...lol.

However...not long after that my boys started gracing me with grandkids so it all worked out. They really are better too. All the fun and none of the responsibility...lol.

KTMom91

Guess I'm in the minority here...I never wanted kids, and am not particularly fond of babies and toddlers. Miss KT's birth did nothing to change that. I had one, and I was done.

BUT then Maddie appeared...and Lisa's right, it's very different. Maybe I'm in a better place, maybe it's knowing I can hand her back to her mommy and daddy...I don't know.

donna723

Boy, do I know that feeling! Once you've raised babies of your own and spent all that time holding and feeding and cuddling them, as soon as you hold another newborn, all those warm, fuzzy feelings come rushing right back.

Just a little over a year ago I was in South Carolina holding my newborn grandson. And in the week I was there, I hardly put him down! I was perfectly content to sit there for hours, holding him while he slept and I never got tired of just looking down at his little face. When I left, for days I could still feel the weight of him in my arms and could still feel his soft hair on my cheek from nuzzling him! And now, maybe it's better that he is 600 miles away! He's just learning to walk and if I were there, he'd never learn because I would be carrying him around all the time! His little feet would never touch the floor!

susiestar

Roll With It
I held each of my kids for hours. At one point husband was positive thank you was NEVER going to learn to crawl, much less walk because Jess and Wiz also wanted to hold him for long periods.

That new baby smell is just amazing. I don't know about grands, but they LOOK like fun! I want to wait quite a while to learn about them, my kids are NOT old enough.

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
H and I went out to breakfast this morning and as we were standing in line behind a small young family, it dawned on me that I really don't like little people much anymore. I turned to H and told him, "You know, I don't really like little people anymore" and he said, "Naw, you just haven't had your coffee yet" - lol!

Then I asked my sister, who was all know hates small children and teens, if it's different with grandkids and she said, "Oh absolutely! You can't get enough of them...until they start inviting their little annoying playmates along!" Hahahaha.

I love babies, but I don't really like kids between 4-24. I can hold a baby for hours though!

DammitJanet

Jo...I dont much like other peoples kids. Honestly...lol. But mine? OH heck yeah! I didnt really think I liked my own kids but my grandkids...omg....I adore them.

Something just kicked on for me when I got Keyana. Maybe it was getting that girl baby.