Why didn't we do this 6 months ago???

F

flutterbee

I saw my GP yesterday. She put me on a steroid taper last week because the pain had gotten so much worse. The steroids were helping, but I still was unable to stand for more than a few minutes at a time.

So, she gave me a steroid injection in my right sacroiliac joint (where my pain stems from). OMG. What a difference! I don't hurt. I can stand. I can walk. It's amazing.

I wish we had done this months ago. Now, we'll just have to see how long it lasts. I start PT today. No way I could have done it without the injection.

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
Heather this is good news!

My friend's DR recently gave her an injection of the cortizone in her neck to prepare her for chiro traction and PT. He said he provided the oil so the DR could work out the kinks.

Just be careful not to overdo it - being pain free can trick you into thinking that the injury is behind you. You don't want to overwork the joints, which in turn could lead to worse pain and stiffness when the shot wears off. Just take it easy.

I bet it sure is nice to get around and move, huh?? I had the shots in my knee years ago before my surgery and I felt like the Bionic Woman! I hope the PT goes well.

F

flutterbee

I don't think my body will let me overdo. I still get a lot of discomfort in my lower back when doing things (like laundry), but it's not debilitating like the other pain was. But, it will keep me from trying to overdo it which is good.

I did learn, though, now that I don't have the agonizing pain on the right side that I do have pain in the same area on the left side....it's just nowhere near as bad. The pain on the right side was so bad that I never noticed the left. LOL But, it's good to know. More clues to lead to a diagnosis.

I'm just happy that I can do day to day things without wanting to cry. It's wonderful!

totoro

Mom? What's a difficult child?
I bet your little Zoo is happy to have Mommy up and about!!!! Well if anyone deserves to be pain free it is you Heather!!! Rattling some beads that it starts you on a path towards wellness!!!

Tiapet

Old Hand
That's great! I wonder why you can't get hooked up with a pain management clinic and get injections monthly (not of steroids necessarily - but they do have them) for it? That's how they treat things like this as it was one alternative for me but I have a compounding factor that prohibits me from getting injections (blood clotting). They want to try Enbrel but I'm just not willing to take on the risks with it at this time.