why is it my difficult child wiil listen to some one else ????

needabreak

<span style="color: #CC33CC"> </span> why is it that my difficult child will listen to the baby sitter but not me? :hammer:
my mom wanted me to go some where with her so i sad o k but what about the kids?she said i know some one it was my moms frinds daughter.and i knew her she is 17 and a great girl .i said ok but there probley going to be bad .we wernt gone long cause i was wooryed about difficult child.so when we got home everything was fine .no yelling being bad or nothing.actully difficult child did not want her to leave i was shocked :smile:that makes me think there is something wrong withme.but he still dont listen to his teachers.so whats up i dont get it .if this just wasnt a fluke ill have her over every day if could lol. :smile:

F

flutterbee

Because he knows your love for him is unconditional and that he's safe with you.

Now, aren't you blessed?

dreamer

did the babysitter have to get the kids to do anything they did not like doing- like clean their rooms or do homework or set the table or anything? Very often babysitters are not making kids do anything, and also very often babysitters can sit and play right along with the kids the whole babysitting time.
AND yes...kids know moms love them no matter what and feel safer to be who they are, show their true colors, and also yes, honeymooning....LOTS of reasons why kids might be good for babysitters.
AND baby sitters are not usually trying to also run the household or get anything else done at the same time, so they sometimes have more patience.

dreamer

Oh and, sometimes a babysittiers idea of whats "good" and a parents idea of what is "good" can be different. We had a baby sitter once who said the kids were great, fine.....good....then I found out, she did not make them brush their teeth, and I went down the hall after she was gone and they had colored in marker on my hallway wallpaper.

Wiped Out

Staff member
It's really not that uncommon in kids like ours. It has nothing to do with you. My difficult child is always better for others (well most of the time). I've read that is totally normal. Others usually don't have to have them do anything they don't want to do. It has nothing to do with you. I'm glad when difficult child is good for others because than I can get some respite. Although I do have to say I wish he would spread the wealth!

Wiped Out

Staff member
It's really not that uncommon in kids like ours. It has nothing to do with you. My difficult child is always better for others (well most of the time). I've read that is totally normal. Others usually don't have to have them do anything they don't want to do. It has nothing to do with you. I'm glad when difficult child is good for others because than I can get some respite. Although I do have to say I wish he would spread the wealth!