Why is it the "little" things....

mstang67chic

Going Green
....are the ones that can set us off?

I swear....this difficult child of mine just makes me so made sometimes that I think my head will pop.

I got home from work yesterday, walked in the door and smelled........bacon.

I had a POUND in the freezer for one of those "breakfast for supper" nights. But, apparently he was soooooooooooooooooooooooo hungry and couldn't wait for me to get home, didn't think that we may have the bacon for a REASON and fried up the whole durn pack. :slap:

Of course, I should give him credit because THIS TIME he didn't fry it in cooking oil.

But on the other hand...who knows how much he ate, how much he fed to the dog and how much got pitched.

GRRRRRR!!!!

DammitJanet

It is always the little things that break you. We can handle the huge things with grace.

I am always going off over stuff like this. I buy a pack of cheese or something and assume it will be there when I need it for dinner...nope...the mouth has eaten it. Worse yet...I buy a carton of ice cream, put it in the freezer...eat one small bowl...never touch it again for a week...go back and there is 1 small tablespoon left in an empty carton! Heck...just eat it and throw the carton away so I know to buy more. Be a darn man!!!!

Notice you touched a nerve....lol.

Andy

Oh I love bacon - if I find out he pitched some then I will join you in the "little" things upsetting us.

It is all about the lack of common sense behind these little things. We can understand when difficult child's don't get the big things, but come on, they can atleast try to do the little things right.

It's the straw that broke the camel's back, not the large expected luggage pack. That straw has a way of catching us off guard.

Fran

Former desparate mom
How about eating all the cookies or popsicles and leaving the empty box? Drives me nuts.
Not replacing the bottled water in refrig when he takes the last one so I end up with room temp water.
Don't get me started.

maril

Last night when unpacking groceries, I purposely left the two cartons of ice cream I bought in the plastic grocery bag and slid them to the back of the freezer behind "stuff." It is not that I want to hog the ice cream for myself -- it is just that I know that I might likely find one or both of the cartons pretty well empty before husband and I get a chance to have some unless I take "preventive measures" (lol)! My difficult child does his eating sprees in the evening when it's time for bed...

Last edited:

trinityroyal

And this is why I used to have a padlock on the fridge, and those magnetic safety locks on ALL of the cupboards in my pantry, until difficult child left home.

I think the reason little things get up our noses so much is that, you come up with a simple orderly plan to help you organize your day, and then you're thwarted at the last minute, when it's too late to do anything about it.

Here's an example:
I know there's a pie in the freezer and a carton of vanilla ice cream, so I plan to serve pie with ice cream for dessert after dinner.

I take out the pie, put it in the oven to bake.
Cook, serve and eat dinner.
Just in time, the pie is ready.
So...I go to get the ice cream from the freezer, and it turns out to be an empty carton!

AAARRRRRGH!

If I'd known ahead of time that there was no ice cream, I would have stopped at the store on my way home from work. BUT...now we have a hot pie, ready to serve, and no ice cream to go with it. If I go to the store now, the pie will already be cold (or devoured by difficult child) by the time I get back with ice cream.

So, now, your best laid plans go straight into the bin. It's beyond frustrating.

Trinity

AnnMarieTN

Wow this really hits home. lol

We have ended up having to keep the 2 liters of Pop in our bedroom to hide them from difficult child. I buy him his own drinks and he has access to them, but if we don't hide them he will drink them all.

Yesterday, I had bought those Little Debbie cupcakes as a treat for us all. He asked he if could have one. I told him he could have ONE. I guess he took that to mean one box because when I came home from work, all of the cupcakes were gone.

It drives me crazy to go to the fridge and find an empty box in there lol

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Fact of life around here. LOL

But I've found solutions that seem to work........doesn't stop it completely, but at least makes them think about it before they do it.

Travis is the worst. He'd empty the kitchen if I didn't guard against it. So when he devours something he didn't buy, he has to replace it. Same rule with Nichole, although it's rarely an issue with her.

And I don't buy anything special for me unless it's single serving size.....only way I can insure I get it. LOL

Hugs

'Chelle

Actually, it's my husband that has a tendancy to do this, on the idea that "you can always buy more". Well yeah, I can buy more......if I know we're out. But he never thinks to tell me he took the last of whatever it was. He's gotten better about asking if I want an item for a specific purpose or if it's someone else's portion before eating things, but not always. This is a "little thing" that bugs me a lot too, and I must be a real b****h about it LOL, but neither of my kids will eat things without asking permission first.

mstang67chic

Going Green
At least I know I'm not the only one losing my mind from this! LOL What really gets me is when I specifically TELL difficult child that item X is for something so DO NOT EAT/DRINK/USE IT!! The bugger will look me in the eyes and say ok.

Of course...then he eats it.