Wii? and what are your favorite Games?

totoro

Mom? What's a difficult child?
K has played Wii at a friends house, another friend who I just found out they thought was Autistic??? I had a feeling he had issues!!! But he finds it calming and helps him transition after School... The parents and I talked for awhile about it at our horrible Birthday party on Saturday...

Anyhoo, She loves it and it seems to be really calming for her and great for her hand eye coordination!
They play an Ocean Game and Bowl, tennis together as well as some other games...
Anyway husband Birthday is coming, he wants one...DUH. So I was thinking I could get him one, (I hope he is not reading this. He is traveling!)
That way I can make K and husband happy and thus Mom happy!!! K's Birthday is this summer, so I can always get her a game...I am not a video game person but I have had SO many people tell me they LOVE this... even women!!! I have a friend who Boxes every day with her 3yo daughter and says it is a great workout!!!
They also said they are coming out with a work out thing... a balance board, yoga??? AWESOME!!! I thought K would love that!!!

So I was wondering if there were any games anyone has found they LOVE!!! Anything I should know? I know were to get one... Someone tipped me off to the delivery time/schedule!!!
Thanks

Abbey

Spork Queen
I LOVE bowling. I have yet to be lost. Did the Tiger Wood's golf, but it is SO complicated. Not very good at that.

Abbey

Lothlorien

We just got a Wii a few weeks ago. The kids love Mario Party 8 and Carnival. Those are the only ones we have, except for Sports, which came with it and the kids love that too. I'll be watching this thread closely.

My friend has had the Wii for a while and she said most of the Mario games are pretty easy for the young kids. Since mine are still young, I need games that aren't going to be too frustrating for them, especially Missy.

We got them both Nintendo DS games and those are very frustrating for them, especially Missy. Anyone have any particular games that aren't terribly frustrating for the DS for a difficult child?

Abbey

Spork Queen
Ha! I got the Mario for a young neice. I can't figure the darn thing out. That are so complicated these days!!

Abbey

Marcie Mac

Just Plain Ole Tired
We have every game system known to man, and a majority of them do not belong to the kids, they belong to me except for the Wii, which is easy child's

My favorite game, which they may already have for the Wii, is the Dance Pad Revolution for exercise (they have slooooo themes). I liked the tennis, bowling, etc on the Wii, but the RPG games are too confusing - am so used to a controller with buttons instead of a sword I actually have to weld.

Marcie

totoro

Well thanks!!! I may start with the Ocean Game since I know she likes that and she is Very much into the animals... and since it is supposed to be for husband I will get him the Tiger Woods game... we can got from there!!! His friend in Chicago is the one that boxes with her daughter who is 3, she loves it!!! She had a baby almost a year ago and she says between that and some diet she has been doing, she has lost a bunch of weight!!! Too funny...
I would like the Mario Games!!!

SRL

Animal Crossing is really cute! I think it's only out in Gamecube but GC games play in the Wii.

Loth, I am sorry to say that the games were designed to work best by using cheat codes. Check out the strategy guides at the bookstore. They have Animal Crossing for DS too, I think.

JJJ

If you get "Wii Play" it comes with a 2nd controller. Between the "Wii sports" that comes with the system and "Wii play" you should be set for a few months.

tinamarie1

Once we got our Wii, we buy and trade our games at Game Stop, because if you buy the games new, they can be up to $60 a piece. If you buy them used, you can find them starting at $20. And we have never had a problem with one not working. Some of the ones we have had are:
The Simpsons: difficult child got frustrated way too easily and we traded
Thrillville, a Roller Coaster/ Amusement park one , both easy child and difficult child liked that one and we kept it a while
Guitar Hero III, both the kids liked it...they beat it after a few months and we traded
The sports packs, one has ping pong and pool on it and that is my favorite one
The other sport pack has golf and bowling and a few other things on it, it is good too..we have kept both of the sport packs
The Star Wars Game, it was pretty fun too, but we traded
Boogie (the karaoke game)...I liked this one alot
Naruto, easy child likes this one

I want the dance pad one next. I have been waiting for gamestop to get it in...but it seems very popular right now.

Marcie Mac

Just Plain Ole Tired
For game cheats, you can go on www.gamefaqs.com and they have every system and every game listed for every system out there. You can find a walkthru for probably 99% of them. I used to buy the books but its much easier to go here and get the info for free :)

Also, I found that renting games at Blockbuster before buying is smart especially with the price of the games.

I have to ask easy child the name of the place he belongs to on line where they will send you the game to play in the mail (kinda like netflix for gamers). You can keep it as long as you want then send it back and order another.

Marcie
Marcie

totoro

Loth thanks! K and N LOVE to dance... and I like the Block buster thought... rent first! Thanks Marcie
This is good...

Animal Crossing! Thanks SRL~ she loves animals, I will look into that!
Buying them used sounds like a good idea, especially for the girls!

Abbey

Spork Queen
I don't like the games that are SOOO confusing on how to use the controller. I guess that is why I like bowling...one click.

We have Mario (too confusing), Guitar Hero (still too confusing) Tiger Woods...can struggle along, Zelda (don't EVEN go there if you're controller challenged), and Ocean. It's pretty good.

easy child got the system the day they went on sale. Slept overnight at Best Buy under the guise of buying it for his friend's dad. Yeah...THAT happened. It's never left the house.

Abbey

WhymeMom?

No real answers to life..
Okay, just found the console at Costco. I wanted to give to husband for his birthday, but don't know if I can wait until summer. I had to look at the package a couple of times because every other time I looked I couldn't find it, just some other "part" and no Wii console..... husband isn't much of a game player, but I really wanted one. We have been thru many of the original nintendos, but stopped having them around when difficult child was at home......they seemed to mysteriously disappear? Feels good to finally to be able to have stuff and not have to worry about locking it all up......

*sniff* I wanna Wii!

The only game console I have is a Sega. Genesis. You know, the 16-bit. With Sonic the Hedgehog.

And Tink has a plug N play of the Littlest Pet Shop.

Abbey

Spork Queen
I used to LOVE playing my Playstation 2, but just don't find the time anymore. When easy child got the Wii...I was really irritated. Just what we needed - another game system. But, I will have to say that it has been great. We have friends over all the time and it's a cheap way to spend the night.

It's very realistic. When you play golf, you swing just like you would with a club. When you bowl...just like regular bowling. It's all in the wireless controller (which we have 4 in different colors). We DO require that any player puts the wrist string on. It's REALLY easy to get carried away and lose the controller.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9EPGcLuQkOk"]YouTube - Wii Have A Problem[/ame]

Here's another fun one to watch:

http://www.wiihaveaproblem.com/latestdamage.php

The profiles you set up for each person are hysterical. My husband's matches him almost perfectly. It really annoys him as we all know it's an exact match, but he doesn't like seeing that he is bald.:angry-very:

Abbey