Will anyone listen if I whine a bit?

Star*

call 911........call 911
There is a really nice spray called STOP PAIN sold at most RITE AIds and CVS - it's like a little miracle in a bottle and while it won't take away ALL the pain - it helps better than anything you can get OTC.

As far as your surgery? I would HIGHLY recommend going back and reading that post I sent to you a while back about what to expect and DID you ask for the machine that keeps your leg moving? Did you ask for the cold cooler bedside with the hoses that are hooked up to your knees? Did you get or rent a wheel chair with leg rests? Do you have or can you rent or buy at a second hand store a walker? YOU WILL NEED ONE of those - not just a pretty cane. The pain from JUST having your HIP re-aligned correctly after YEARS of it being OUT of alignment MAY be more painful than the knee surgery - FYI. DF's knees were bone on bone and wore down badly - when they realigned his knee his HIP hurt worse than his knee.

As far as sympathy? I'd get a hammer. Yup - I'd get a hammer and I'd wait until you H was asleep, nice and sound - snoring away like a baby and then I'd prop his foot up on a board and WHACK the toe with that hammer as hard as I could and then when he wakes up screaming I'd toss the hammer off to the side and go back to bed. None the worse for care.......In the morning when he cant get his work shoe on or his trouser sock I would look over and say "OMG you are NOT wearing those orthopaedic GRANDPA shoes with a suit are you? HOW embarassing to ME.....I can't possibly take the looks from the neighbors for you dressing in old farts shoes." and go have my tea and toast.

Honestly what a colossal ASS.

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
Oh Star, you are too funny! A hammer, indeed (as I head to basement in the dead of night to get hammer and hide under my pillow...). I will have the hose with the ice water, the machine that keeps me leg moving, a walker, a four pronged cane, and a seat riser for the toilet. H is installing a rail for the stairs tomorrow as well as a handrail for the shower...and I have my moms shower seat. I think I'm all set. I've lined up difficult child's boyfriend for doggie duty and difficult child to clean the house, easy child for food shopping and cooking. H will help me in the bathroom and my bestie is taking a couple of days off work to stay with me and another bestie is also going to come up and stay with me whe h has to go back to work.

Thanks for the thoughts. Seven more days, despite my planning, I'm still scared out of my wits.

buddy

Just was thinking of you tonight JO. As I took my nightly back medication. (just ultram) I thought, wow, I dont know what I would do if I had nothing to relieve this. I sure hope you get some nice sleep and when the day comes...that surgery goes well.

I second asking for something to help with the nerves.