will

witzend

All I can add to what has been said is that the only way to stop feeling the labels your family put on you is to not subject yourself to those labels. I wouldn't recommend for everyone that you move 3 thousand miles away without a forwarding address. It's hard. And they found me and found ways to torment me again. It's absolutely not something you can explain to anyone who is not a part of a crazy family like mine.

With lower interest rates and the equity in the home we bought when we came here husband & I sold that house and moved again, and other than the completely new people that we now know here (who know nothing of my crazy family) I haven't even told anyone that we moved, let alone given anyone our address. It's freeing. If I can hold out for 10 more months, our mail will no longer be forwarded to us and I might finally know for certain that I'm never going to find some nasty letter in the mailbox. At which point I will get rid of the old cell phone numbers and my life will absolutely be my own. I'm not lazy. Nor am I a liar or heartless. I'm me and I'm fine with who I am. Most everyone else is fine with who I am as well. I couldn't care less about people who aren't.

I understand that my cutting myself off from them all also opens the possibility that should I ever want to make contact with any of them again that they will not be open to that. It's a chance I'm willing to take and a prize I'm willing to fight for. "It" being my soul and my sanity.

BusynMember

Wow. In the u.s. you really can't challenge a will and expect to win. All you do is cause trouble for everyone else and spend money.
I didn't care about the little money enough to even think about it. To me the hurt was the rejection.
I'm glad in other countries there is some protection for heirs.