windows/computer question

klmno

I had about 3 windows open with websites up and left it that way all night. Two had listings of job openings that I wanted to send resumes to and now they are "not repsonding" and have the website address and some other info blacked out so I can't write it down. Is there anything I can do to get them to respond or at least not be blacked out- or do I have to just close it and go thru those search links again?

maril

Forgive me if I am not on the same page (no pun intended) but did you try control H to view your history? You will be able to narrow down the pages you visited and that might help you get back to where you were last night. Good luck. :D

klmno

ok, I just tried- it won't do anything in that window. All I can see are parts of the page and the hourglass. When I went to task manager it said that window (and the other one) is not responding.

flutterby

Fly away!
It could be that those job postings have been pulled, it could be that the website is experiencing issues, or it could be that after a certain amount of time you time out. Monster.com, for example, recently had big problems with people stealing passwords, etc, and I guess that could mean stealing your identity. So, putting in safeguards, such as timing out for inactivity, is possible.

You're probably going to have to do the search again.

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
Are you running Windows XP or Vista?

The history is the best place I have found. You can sort by date, too. If I know which I can tell you how to get straight there.

To get those windows to close, hit Ctrl-Shift-Esc, right-click the program, click Go to process, at which point the process tab will open and the item will be highlighted. Click the End process button. It will verify if you're sure. Go back to the Applications tab and repeat for each window.

maril

I have Windows XP and use Ctrl Alt Delete to pull up the task manager then can close each task I want to end; if you've already ended the tasks through the task manager, then try opening a new window; then Ctrl H. You should be able to access your pages visited. Maybe you have already tried all this...