Winter?

Star*

call 911........call 911
Super squirrel and niece (OH yesh she is cute coochie choocie) beat me to asking how you are and how it went. Thinking about you.:redface:

F

flutterbee

I updated on the medication guru thread which I've pasted below:

Thank you for the advice. :)

My GP had mentioned Pristiq in the past and I told her that I didn't want to do it because there was only a 2 point difference on the depression scale between Pristiq and the placebo. Effexor is losing it's patent in 2010 so the company had to come out with another drug, you know. That's all it is.

So, I have a prescription for lamictal. My GP said it's the only mood stabilizer she's comfortable prescribing because it doesn't require the blood draws and has a good side effect profile. She's starting me on the starter pack, so I'll start at 25mg and titrate slowly to 100mg and then she wants to see me again. Ultimately, she said she'll probably get me to 200 mg.

So, I will start this in the morning. Wish me luck. I didn't get to sleep until 9am today and was up by 1pm and have all of this restless energy, but at the same time am so tired I'm miserable.

I just went to pick my prescription up and guess what. The insurance requires prior authorization. I'm so sick of that It comes in generic now. This is ridiculous. The prescription should be the freakin' authorization.

So, now I won't be able to get it until at least tomorrow, although the last time my insurance wanted prior authorization it was another 24 hours after we got it before it would go through.

F

flutterbee

Oh...and thank you for asking.

Sorry...am just so annoyed with the insurance company. Making me cranky. -er.

DammitJanet

Didnt the doctor have the starter pack for you? Normally they have them at their offices in a lovely orange package. Can you tell I have seen way too many of these? LOL.

mrscatinthehat

Seussical
Glad to hear the doctor got ya taken care of. I could start a whole insurance rant so I won't just know that I am with ya on not a happy person about insurance in general.

beth

susiestar

Roll With It
I am glad the doctor was able to start you on the lamictal, even if the stupid insurance co wants their prior auth. I bet your doctor is going to be giving them a piece of her mind!!

I hope htis helps.

Hugs,

susie