wireless printer question

ctmom05

My husband and I each have our own laptop that we use wirelessly. We also have a wireless printer - HP Photosmart C4580.

Both of us are able to print successfully. However, on my husband's laptop no scanner is listed when he accesses scanners and printers thru the control panel. It is only showing up on my laptop.

Since it is all all-in-one unit, and he is able to execute a print command, why wouldn't the scanning process also work?

Fran

Former desparate mom
Can't help you yet. Ours is still in the box waiting to be set up.
I will be so happy to have wireless.

ctmom05

Someone with a little more tech savvy than I <grin> pointed me in the right direction. It was a driver issue; not that I even know precisley what drivers are or what they do, BUT a friend sent me to the solution - an driver install on the HP site.

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
Sorry ~ not ready to help you yet. Once my remodel is complete I'm transferring all my data from this laptop to my husband's. It's a much hotter machine. I have an HP Officejet 4680 but haven't attempted to set up the wireless. I'm looking forward to getting this done as I fax a great deal & am going to be setting this up much closer to my phone line.

If I find out I'll let you know.

Nancy

I was going to say that it may be a driver so glad you got it fixed. I have a wireless HP printer and love the ability to print from any computer in the house. Mine is just a printer though and I secretly wish it would break so I could get an all in one printer. But it just keeps ticking....

Nancy