Wisconsinites be ready for 35 below zero tonite and tomorrow

Fran

Former desparate mom
Baby sis is a pet sitter and walks a multitude of dogs every day. It is bitter cold in Minnesota. I sent her a skier neoprene face mask and hat to keep her warm. Seems she is using it. What a horrid job to have in the winter in Minnesota. Brrrrrrrrr:frozen:

RobinD

we had hour delay so kids just got pick up and school start at 9. I would of thought they called off school as there were over 300 school closed. Well but glad I got rid of them for the day. They were fighting already this morning. When the van company called me to tell me they were picking them an hour late. I was like I have them ready now I am ready to send them now ugh:mad:

Wiped Out

Staff member
We actually ended up with a day off of school due to the wind chill warning. I'm very excited!!!!!!!!!!!! We rarely get days off here for weather. At one point we went 5 or 6 years without a bad weather day off. Often all the other districts surrounding us are off and we have to go.

The districts in our county made a decision last year that when there is wind chill warning all schools will close. Last night it was only an wind chill advisory. Thankfully it changed!!:D

dreamer

Yeah, mine had school. Most around us didn't. Not sure just what it takes here to get a snow day or whatever. We have school when it is over 100 in the 4 story 100+ yr brick building, we have school when there are tornados, we have school in nasty snowstorms, they had snow when it flooded in August......they stay at school evacuated into the yards when there are gas leaks.....and when there is no electric......

So, easy child is at school, and I am snuggled here. soups on, bread baking, coffee and cocoa at the ready.