Wish I had

Wiped Out

Staff member
a mute button for difficult child.;) The boy can TALK and PESTER like it is nobody's business:whiteflag: and then when he hears something he doesn't like-it's not just talking but yelling foul things!!

Maybe even more than a mute button would be nice-an entire remote with lots of buttons. One could be to have him clean up his mess, another for answering respectfully. Lol-any other ideas for what other buttons a remote could have for our difficult children?

klmno

Is that a special model of the Easy button? If you find where to get one, please let us all know! LOL!! This appears to get worse when our kids (not sure if it's more boys than girls or not) hit the tween years, at least it did for my difficult child. Earplugs??

Fran

Former desparate mom
I always imagined tying his tongue in a knot just so he would quit talking so much. My ears get so tired.

susiestar

Roll With It
Once in a while I used to put in earplugs. Wiz just talked nonstop and it was better to put in earplugs than to lose my cool over the thousandth time he asked the same thing and got the same answer and then screamed and then hit and then asked the same thing and...and...and.....

I probably only used them 3 times, but just knowing I had them gave me a LOT more patience!

Sheila

When difficult child was younger, he'd talk non-stop. I'd beg him for 5 min of "no talking" because my ears hurt. Every 20 seconds he say, "Has it been 5 minutes yet?" roflol

But the 20 seconds between comments was heavenly.

crazymama30

I want an Off button. Wouldn't it be great if we could just shut them off for a few? Or how about an instant replay, so we could show them what really happened.

graceupongrace

How about a "truth" button?

An "accept responsibility and stop blaming others" button?

A "freeze" button to stop them from doing something risky, violent, or just plain stupid?

And, for extreme situations, a "detach" button for us, LOL!

LittleDudesMom

My sister had a "mute" button pacifier for my nephew. Think the baby cries are nothing compared to the difficult child motor mouth syndrome........ (MMS for short)

Sharon

I want one of those remotes too!!! I can't stand it any more!!! difficult child 2's nonstop talking drives me to the edge on a daily basis!!! He constantly repeats himself over and over and over again, etc... He continues to talk once I end the conversation and leave the room. He loves the sound of his own voice. Sorry!!! I'm hogging your thread. I'll stop, lol...!!!

LDM - I love it - "difficult child Motor Mouth Syndrome (MMS), lol...!!! SFR

P

PatriotsGirl

This thread was hilarious!! I can relate ALL too well to all of those button needs.
Just wanted to say that when difficult child was a tween, she was horrible and I thought that was going to be the worst of it. Boy was I wrong!!! At almsot 17 she is worse than EVER with the talking back, blaming every one under the sun for everything - NEVER her fault, laziness, lack of responsibility, oh my I could go on and on here....

Wiped Out

Staff member
I'm loving the ideas here for extra buttons; now if only we could invent one...

Fran-lol about imagining tying difficult child's tongue in knots!!

Sharon-love the MMS!!