Wish I never looked up - butt.....

Star*

call 911........call 911
On my way back from the SUV fiasco - we pull into a rest stop. Okay not usually an exciting turn of events - I mean go in, use the potty, wash your hands, dry - walk out - stretch. Get back in the vehicle. Right? Wrong. ISH - REALLY WRONG.

I'm in the stall - and that's all I'm going to say about that. So I'm in the stall and I turn around thinking "why wont' this dumb toilet flush by itself?" Well it wasn't one of those self flushers. OH Okay - so I take my foot and KER PLUSH. As I'm standing there I reach up to stretch and as I reach up, I look up and MAN are those vaulted, cedar ceilings HIGH...WOW....and look at that - bubble sky....light..s....HUH....LOOK....at......OMG.....Is that........WHAT IS THAT???

O.M.A.N.........Is that a? Urinal in the reflection? I mean I'm not a perv. but you I mean I couldn't help but look - Are those URINALS or are they toilets? Or are those mens toilets. There are back to back bathrooms and NO dividing wall other than the wall between the toilets... OMG look AWAY star before...Then I am standing there thinking - WHAT a pervert you are. But I swear I was only trying to figure out - toilet or urinal when I realized if it WAS a urinal - and a MAN walked in - I'd get more than I bargained for so I quickly turned around and grabbed toilet paper, unlocked the door handle, turned on the spiggot, and washed my hands, grabbed a paper towel, dried my hands, turned off the sink spiggot threw the paper towel and tp away and ran out to see -----IS that a mans restroom behind the womens or is that another womens??? I mean NOW it's a race to explain to the State of SC that THEY had poor planning.

Even if I get out there (says my brain) and it's a womens restroom? That's STILL poor planning. Right? I mean invasion of -------and my brain says (only YOU Star) would look up to stretch, see the reflection of a bathroom at night and ponder urinals or commodes.

So I get out in the foyer - and much to my relief - it's ladies. Ladies looking at ladies and then even at that? I was creeped out - because there are probably still peeping Thomasinas - but (okay NOT me - I was stretching and making an observation and turned away before I saw ANYTHING) k? K.

But -----(no pun intended) Isn't that hinky? Something to keep in mind when YOU go to the potty next road trip - huh? Look up - Or take an umbrella with you into the stall. Little shade cover or something. Or a mirror - you know that way you could see who was looking back to see if you were looking back to see if they were looking back at me.

Definitely :tinfoilhatsmile:

P

PatriotsGirl

Oh boy and we are always having to go through SC - now I will be looking when ever we stop at a rest area!

GoingNorth

Crazy Cat Lady
For a time they made women's urinals that were designed to be squatted over. Haven't seen one of those in the US in years.

Communal bathrooms don't bother me. I got used to them living in Europe where some of the smaller towns have public restrooms that are nopt set up for privacy and are open to both males and females.

No privacy is a given as these toilets usually have a cleaning lady sitting there with a bowl for 'tips'. Standard tip was 50 pfennig, about a quarter at the time i lived there.

I've also lost whatever shyness I may have had about copping a pee in the woods. Here in the US I look for a sheltered spot (I'd hate to get picked up for exposing myself), but my big worry is whether I can get up after squatting.

DammitJanet

About halfway through that I thought you were going to have ended up having entered the wrong restroom...lol.

Thanks for the laugh.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
LMAO

Seriously Star, you need to start writing comedy and do your own act. You'd be a millionaire in six months. Then I betcha the coppers would sit up and take notice when you came to talk to them about mr scam man. ;)

gcvmom

Here we go again!
HD makes a great suggestion -- wouldn't stand-up be more fun than driving a truck? And you've already got more material from your daily life than most people can even dream up. Truth is stranger than fiction...

Shari

IsItFridayYet?
i needed a good laugh! thanks!

and while it bothers me about how little it bothered me to be naked in front of everybody during this little accident experience, i will probably at least look up as i settle to pee during my travels...

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
I have a huge grin on my face... And you know what? I am SO not going to sweat it... But on the other hand...

Squatting to pee doesn't bother me. Peeing on my feet does...

Star*

call 911........call 911
Still trying to make the connection between rest stop an granola.....but I'm going with it.......grape nuts comes to mind......