Wish me luck (finally) doing taxes today...

gcvmom

Here we go again!
I have procrastinated beyond belief this year. I have no good excuse other than life overwhelming me (again) this year and just not wanting to do this! :angry-very:

The ridiculous part is that we have money coming back -- that we NEED NOW!

So I'm digging in today and working on the tax file until it's done. At least the kids are off so we don't have to go anywhere.

Pray for persistence, pray for no distractions! :tongue:

Star*

call 911........call 911
Sending you the Angel of dilligence, the patron St. of Patience - St. Star...(roflmao), the guardian of the 10-key, the speed of a rabbit, and the wealth of a Nubian king.

It could be worse - you could be trading 3 goats to the tax-man for a years supply of grain.

HANG IN THERE - I AM WATCHING THE HOUSE.........St. Star.....(oh snort I kill me)

rejectedmom

ME TOO Wanna Race????LOL

I'm using software and e-filing as per usual. This year things are pretty straightfoward so it should be OK. So far I have a nice refund from the fed but will neet to pay stat ans local. I knew that so no surprises.

tiredmommy

Gcvmom, I hope they're already done! We too are getting a refund and ours were just finished over the weekend. How lazy am I? I paid someone to do it! :916blusher:

Marcie Mac

Just Plain Ole Tired
I admire people who do their own taxes - I can weave my way thru a heavy duty contract of insurance without blinking - even thinking about doing my own taxes and I go brain dead - I tried one year, and decided that paying the accountant wasn't so bad afterall. Especially when I now get to write part of my household expenses off because of the office at home.

I just picked mine up Friday night - they are efiled so hopefully they will be in my bank account shortly :)

Marcie

gcvmom

Here we go again!
Well, I am done (for today). I need to check one number in the morning and then I'll push that SEND button and be done with it! YAY! My brain is dead, though. And I think my butt went to sleep in this chair over an hour ago! :tongue:

M

ML

Now that you hit the button call and find out why the refund is taking so dang long (and ask about mine while you're at it :))

Hugs, ML

gcvmom

Here we go again!
FINALLY!

IT'S FINISHED! I've e-filed and now just got to wait for Uncle Sam and Governor Aahhnold to process our refunds :D

SRL

I did mine today. About had a panic attack when I discovered that my husband had made a major reduction in withholdings and we owe big time. I bet we'll get hit with a penalty too.

I'm just sick. I just bought new furniture for the first time in many, many years. And house insurance and property taxes are right around the corner.

gcvmom

Here we go again!
Ooooh -- that stings, SRL :( I know what you mean about prop tax and insurance. I just paid ours on the 10th -- and we also have earthquake insurance, which isn't cheap. That's pretty much what my refund is going towards!

Sending a swift kick in the rear to your husband for not speaking up about the witholding issue -- grrrrr!