Wish me luck...J visit

SunnyFlorida

While it's probably not a good idea to see "sunny" doing the naked chicken liver dance.....I am sending lots of {{{sunny support}} on this monumental visit.

by the way....I'm feeling better with the increase in my medication :smile:

Abbey

Spork Queen
Well, long story short, but I did not make the visit. husband and I had some long standing issues and I refused to go. I'm stubborn. I know it is not right Occupational Therapist (OT) make J the ending of this, but I couldn't imagine sitting in a car for 5 hours with husband at this time.. easy child son and husband went. They are not back yet.

Such is life. Sorry for the vent.

Abbey

DDD

Hey, if you've lost your marbles...we understand. Sending warm
caring hugs and an acknowledgement that the strain after too many
years can scatter all the Aggies.

I'll come help you gather them when you are ready! Hugs. DDD

Sue C

Abbey -- I certainly understand how difficult child's can do that to a marriage. I don't blame you for not wanting to ride the 5 hours.

Take care,
Sue

Suz

(the future) MRS. GERE
I'm sorry, Abbey. Heaven knows, I understand going head to head about issues. I hope you had a chance to take a breath this weekend with the guys away.

Hugs,
Suz

rejectedmom

Awwwwwwwwwwww Abbey I am sorry you didn't get to go but man do I understand not wanting to spend 5 hours with a husband you are fuming with. -RM

hearthope

I understand Abbey ~ We can only take so much!

5 hrs with a fuming husband to see J after all this time ~ don't blame you for not being able to deal with it all.

Hope this time alone helped you.

Thinking of you
HH

Jen

Soory to hear that you could not bring yourself to go. 5 hour drive with someone you are not seeing eye to eye with would have brought an immense tension to the visit.

Maybe you can go another time and take a friend with you for emotional support. Maybe you are not ready to see J yet, esp. since it has been 3 years. Again I couldnt imagine what mixed feelings you are having at this time, that can also be very exhausting for you.

Jen

I think that is probably a really good thing, Abbey. husband and I fought over every smallest aspect of anything to do with difficult child until finally we both gave up.

Except for me.

And husband.

That was sort of a joke.

Because you never do give up, really.

Marriage is stressful enough without difficult child issues.

If we weren't fighting, it was only because neither one of us was telling the truth about how we felt about anything that was happening to us, or had happened to us, because of what difficult child was doing, or had done, or had been accused of doing.

It's just all too much.

More than anything, what I want to do is shriek at difficult child.

Ahem. :blush:

The difference in the way that life feels now, when we haven't seen difficult child for awhile, and haven't had to see him so poor and so broken, is amazing, Abbey.

If J is doing well, there will be another time to see him. If he isn't doing well....

If our difficult child isn't doing well (and he isn't, right now), I don't WANT to see him.

What are we supposed to say that hasn't been said?

Come home again? Destroy my life again?

Looks like I am having my own little vent here.

Sometimes we have to stand up for ourselves and our lives and the family members who are not off indulging themselves
and destroying everything they touch and everyone they come into contact with.

I absolutely support your decision not to see J.

At least this way, husband has some break on telling J he can come home again.

I'm sorry things are turning out this way, Abbey.

For you, and for me, too.

Barbara

:smile:

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SunnyFlorida</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

by the way....I'm feeling better with the increase in my medication :smile: </div></div>

I missed this one, Sunny. I looked for you on Watercooler to see whether there was a post about an illness, but saw nothing.

All is well with you, I hope?

Barbara

:flower: